joe acevedo
Boat
23 proline
if your going to show up to the RSG / MLPA deal on April 28, 2009
Residence Inn by Marriott
2101 West Vineyard Ave.
Oxnard, CA 93036

and you have kids that fish you should
consider bringing them along , I pulled my son out of school to speak to the SAT a few months ago
after he showed his teacher the video , he got extra credit :urno1:

i will be there agian with my son Noah on the 28th Hope to see you guys
their ,,,Joe

[ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1634161831663717180&hl=en"]2009.01.27- MLPA-SAT[/ame]

Upvote 0

BuonaForTuna

Jul 27, 2008
Glendale Ca
Name
Jesse
Boat
BuonaFortuna 26' Seaswirl Striper
Very Cool very well spoken Great job on raising that champ Dad.

Upvote 0

M/V Santa Rosa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 17, 2006
san diego
Name
Tommy
Boat
20 foot bayrunner
I was in the gallery for that one, it was fantistic for sure. nice job young man

Upvote 0

fishnfool

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jun 30, 2003
Murrieta, Ca
Name
Kevan
Boat
IMAHO
Great job Noah...you too dad. The sincerity shined through. His love of the ocean and the importance to him of the time you share together is very apparent. I especially liked the "way of life not just a hobby" statement. :urno1:

Upvote 0

Ocean Gypsy

Jul 16, 2007
Chino
Name
Russ Miller
Boat
none
That's a great angle but after going through the channel islands closures experience, speaking at these meetings isn't going to do anything ! It doesn't matter how many of us speak at the meetings they will still railroad this through. The conclusion is pre-determined and we are up against a stacked deck. However attending these meeting is inportant, if we don't, then the other side can make the statement that we don't oppose their program. Turn out is necessary but don't be naive and think what we say at a meeting will change their stance. The only way to fight this is with money. The money to be used for attorneys and public relations. Our opponent is unified and they have their " ducks in a row " and we don't. At this time, in the publics eye they are politically correct. We need a organization to come forward and take charge and it's not United Anglers. United Anglers ( UASC ) are actually hurting our cause because they want to be the big shots and submit their own MLPA maps instead of working with other groups. One such group to come forward is the ( CFC ) California Fisheries Coalition. The CFC is a harding working group were everyone ( except UASC and their Partnership for Sustainable Oceans ) is sittiing at the same table working as one. This really is special because commercial, recreational and processors are working together. USAC just won't join in. They want to be the big shot and just aren't represnting us right. On top of that, USAC wants to keep fighting with the commercial guys at a time when we need to all put our differences aside and stand shoulder to shoulder. Where are all the industry people ? I don't hear of shimano, or other industry people, volunteering to donate $ or some attorneys to help. In the public relations department they are winning because they are politically correct and we are not. It's the environmentalists vs the fishermen. That has to change. The public needs to be aware fisherman are environmentally friendly and these so called environmentalists are actually radicals and eco - terrorists. We need to be seen in the publics eye as conservationists who put our own money up to fund successful fisheries management which has resulted in many success stories .... white sea bass, halibut, sardines and the current rebuilding of the black sea bass populations. The other side are not conservationists, they are preservationists who believe that resourses should be protected from us. We need to get the people who fish a couple times a year on board, make them aware of what is going on and donate. Just speaking at the meetings isn't going to do the trick. I've been there and done that when the channels islands closures happened.

Upvote 0

JOE ACEVEDO

Dec 3, 2005
underwater
Name
joe acevedo
Boat
23 proline
Gypsy,I agree with allot of your points
But I disagree with your statement “ It doesn't matter how many of us speak at the meetings they will still railroad this through. The conclusion is pre-determined”

WE should be Packed in their like Phucking Sardine’s , its easy to stay on the couch and pound Cervesa if front of the tube
The last 5 years id just send My money Blindly to U.A and say “I did my part”

but thease days that dosnt cut the mustard ,,,,,joe

That's a great angle but after going through the channel islands closures experience, speaking at these meetings isn't going to do anything ! It doesn't matter how many of us speak at the meetings they will still railroad this through. The conclusion is pre-determined and we are up against a stacked deck. However attending these meeting is inportant, if we don't, then the other side can make the statement that we don't oppose their program. Turn out is necessary but don't be naive and think what we say at a meeting will change their stance. The only way to fight this is with money. The money to be used for attorneys and public relations. Our opponent is unified and they have their " ducks in a row " and we don't. At this time, in the publics eye they are politically correct. We need a organization to come forward and take charge and it's not United Anglers. United Anglers ( UASC ) are actually hurting our cause because they want to be the big shots and submit their own MLPA maps instead of working with other groups. One such group to come forward is the ( CFC ) California Fisheries Coalition. The CFC is a harding working group were everyone ( except UASC and their Partnership for Sustainable Oceans ) is sittiing at the same table working as one. This really is special because commercial, recreational and processors are working together. USAC just won't join in. They want to be the big shot and just aren't represnting us right. On top of that, USAC wants to keep fighting with the commercial guys at a time when we need to all put our differences aside and stand shoulder to shoulder. Where are all the industry people ? I don't hear of shimano, or other industry people, volunteering to donate $ or some attorneys to help. In the public relations department they are winning because they are politically correct and we are not. It's the environmentalists vs the fishermen. That has to change. The public needs to be aware fisherman are environmentally friendly and these so called environmentalists are actually radicals and eco - terrorists. We need to be seen in the publics eye as conservationists who put our own money up to fund successful fisheries management which has resulted in many success stories .... white sea bass, halibut, sardines and the current rebuilding of the black sea bass populations. The other side are not conservationists, they are preservationists who believe that resourses should be protected from us. We need to get the people who fish a couple times a year on board, make them aware of what is going on and donate. Just speaking at the meetings isn't going to do the trick. I've been there and done that when the channels islands closures happened.

Upvote 0

Craig C.

Jul 11, 2006
So. Orange County
Name
Craig
Boat
Kayak
I was at and spoke for alloted 1 minute on the Laguna Dana Pt area. I respectfully asked for and received a show of hands of the panel re: how many of them (10-12 of them) fished. I got about a 1/3-1/3 showing of hands. (It was kind of blurr at that point if you get the moment).

I explained that I fish both fly fishing in the salt and conventional. Perch to Tuna. I asked them to please consider catch and release areas and barbless hooks from shore and on the boat. Then mentioned reduced limits. Another man I know talked about Kayak areas.

After reading the regs on the MPA's and different types of area protections, I've since learned that "injuring" a fish or creature in these different areas in NOT allowed.
Rules out catch and release.

The little I know is that what ever happens will happen. As alluded to by the previous poster. There was a guy there from the Central Coast that was not a happy guy about what happened up there. Sounded like maybe a Lobster fisherman.

Better educate yourselves about this. It WILL effect YOU! It's, the little I know, Quite complex.

Happy fishing, Tight Lines, and God Bless America. Tea Parties for the Future.

Craig C.

Upvote 0