Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
  • Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    What would be your destination? I think I'm ready for a change in the future. Shopping RE in Texas right now.

Upvote 0

abdiver7777

abdiver7777
    Jul 2, 2009
    So Cal
    Name
    Sir2you
    Boat
    No Name........
    I've done a bunch of research with a bias towards tax advantage during retirement..... Wyoming is the winner for me.....

Upvote 0

Bottom Line

Village idiot
    Jul 9, 2006
    Warner Springs
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    Invader CC - Bottom Line
    I am retired and I am for sure leaving ASAP....we are looking seriously now. I'm not sure just where yet though. My wife would prefer the PNW or Vancouver Island, I would prefer somewhere FAR south of that, perhaps Panama.

Reactions: PCH
    Upvote 0

Aggro

• Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    I don't think I can talk the wife into an area with lots of snow. Probably the South for sure. Steve, does Panama have hunting? :D

Upvote 0

Slater

cuss on Monday,pray on Sunday,dream about one day
    Jun 1, 2006
    Lakeside
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    sold! / cattle boat
    Very interesting topic Kurt!
    Mo Betta turned me onto a forum that had some really cool everyday topics local SD realestate, housing market, economics & investing, & many offtopics discussions from local sd folks.
    Cool to hear other peoples perspective on future plans.....
    Not something that is usually or ever discussed here on BD.

Max has a point, think long & hard about what youre doing. Know a couple that bought rentals in Oklahoma & eventually sold their CA residence & purchased a primary home there.
    Needless to say 5 years later, they sold their primary in OK & are back in SD...

Im all about thinking & planning about the future & the easy life, just need to be sure the choice is correct.

Last edited:
    Reactions: skipjackrobert
    Upvote 0

J.C.

Run what ya Brung
    May 20, 2012
    Wa
    Name
    Justin
    Boat
    18' aluminum
    So is this like the part where your playing hard to get before you wake up in the morning regretting what you let the pnw do to you.

We both know Washington is calling you. Don't fight it.

Upvote 0

Aggro

• Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    Please don't tease us about leaving.......lol...
    I'll still have a computer :D
    Stop! Take a breath. Let's have a conversation. Call me.
    We'll be talking. I'm not talking about overnight or an impulse. It's been brewing for a while.
    Very interesting topic Kurt!
    Mo Betta turned me onto a forum that had some really cool everyday topics local SD realestate, housing market, economics & investing, & many offtopics discussions from local sd folks.
    Cool to hear other peoples perspective on future plans.....
    Not something that is usually or ever discussed here on BD.

Max has a point, think long & hard about what youre doing. Know a couple that bought rentals in Oklahoma & eventually sold their CA residence & purchased a primary home there.
    Needless to say 5 years later, they sold their primary in OK & are back in SD...

Im all about thinking & planning about the future & the easy life, just need to be sure the choice is correct.
    I grew up in what was the terrain of OK. Eastern Colorado is really close to the pan handle. Where I'm checking out isn't anything like that. I'd move back to CO before that but no more snow for me. At least like what we used to get in Denver.

Upvote 0

widgeon

Ex-Hunter and gatherer
    Jan 12, 2010
    Kurt's neighborhood
    Name
    Tony
    Boat
    Tarpon 140
    Change can be good. Learning new places to hunt and fish along with the local techniques is always fun.
    At the same time, there is a lot to be said for living in a familiar and comfortable area. Even if you dont agree with the politics and the cost of living is outrageous.
    It would definitely be hard to be away from the coast, as a fisherman. Fresh water fishing is great, but not the same as salt. Arizona or Tejas might be ok. Tough call.

Upvote 0

Simon Bon Bowery

Lizard Fish Hippie
    Feb 18, 2007
    O'side
    Name
    Simon
    Boat
    Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"
    Upvote 0

BiggestT

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Sep 8, 2004
    Fullerton
    Name
    SM
    Boat
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    I've done a bunch of research with a bias towards tax advantage during retirement..... Wyoming is the winner for me.....

Tax wise, Wyoming is appealing. Just went through Cody a week ago. Tallked to to locals at the Fly Shop about their winters: cold and windy. One guy was originally from California. They said they bail during January and February and go fish bonefish in the Carribean. We tried hard to like Wyoming. No doubt the hunting is good, but the Missoula area is prettier, has better weather and fishing.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

abdiver7777

abdiver7777
    Jul 2, 2009
    So Cal
    Name
    Sir2you
    Boat
    No Name........
    I prefer the stretch between Idaho Falls and Jackson Hole....... Residency means only six months and one day..... Snowbird in SO Cal Nov to mid April

Upvote 0

Pescador Paul

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jun 11, 2004
    Carlsbad, CA
    Name
    Paul
    Boat
    Sold the Pursuit- Only a kayak and Wave Runner now
    Austin, TX is a great town, but I have not been there in the Summer. There are some large lakes in the area that I believe are stocked with striped bass.

Upvote 0

Johnlgarrison

• Jul 27, 2009
    Temecula CA USA!
    www.inkspotsgreatdanes.com
    Name
    Johnny Garrison
    Boat
    Parker 2320 "Sticky Business 5"
    I'm staying right here. Is California a steaming hot mess? You Bet. Are the taxes out of hand? Yes!
    But there are three things here I can't leave.
    1) My family
    2) My friends
    3) My fishing
    I have been maxing out my 401K and saving all I can so I will be able to retire right here.

Upvote 0

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
    Fullerton
    Name
    SM
    Boat
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    I prefer the stretch between Idaho Falls and Jackson Hole....... Residency means only six months and one day..... Snowbird in SO Cal Nov to mid April

Upvote 0