Sluester

I kill stuff
Jul 22, 2003
Lakeside
Name
Mike
Boat
Killin time, Bill Collector
They pay more for just about everything.
Fuck em. I don't care what they pay.

JIGMEISTER

Fresh One!
Sep 27, 2004
Huntersville, NC
Name
Glenn
Boat
Yours?
Well in Europe the gas price is high due to higher taxes, which pay for their free health care and other socialized benefits.
That's my understanding at least.

Skip Jackson

Recovering LandLubber
Feb 7, 2003
Lakeside Trailer Park
Visit site
Name
Dave
Boat
31' Aiwych
Would anyone honestly miss them?

Smudge

Moderate
Mar 11, 2005
Hollywood, FL
www.sandiego-sportfishing.com
Name
Matt
Boat
I'm just a deckhand...
Well in Europe the gas price is high due to higher taxes, which pay for their free health care and other socialized benefits.
Yep... In England it's that and the 17.5% sales tax!! Plus property taxes that would make a San Diegan blush and income tax that is through the roof.

Europe is a nice place to visit, and it was even ok to live there since I was on Uncle Sam's dime. I wouldn't want to be a citizen though...

OILAGER

Hecho en Estados Unidos
Apr 27, 2006
M Class Planet / Riverside
Name
Wayne
Boat
Grady White 228 Seafarer "GOTTA GET'M"
They pay more for just about everything.
Fuck em. I don't care what they pay.
I think the real issue is we are so used to paying LESS for many things in comparison to the rest of the industrialized world, and now different economic forces are at work that are out of any single gov't or group of gov'ts control (G8). Yep, they're slowly turning us into gasp!!. cough!!...Europeons... I mean Europeans.

zigzag

Captain
Aug 6, 2005
PV / Mexico
Name
Dave
Boat
BERTRAM 35
Free health care Canadians have to come here to get health care the wait is so long.in europe they go to Japan.Socislized health care sucks .Ask Castro.sorry to hi jack thread .gasoline here should be 10 bucks a gallon.We would get out of cars and start walking.

gonsurfn

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 12, 2004
Ocean Beach - SD
www.fairwindsca.com
Name
Sal
Boat
2005 Grady White 180 Fisherman
Wonder how the exchange rate plays into this map? With the dollar's value tanking vs. the Euro, gas may be even more expensive there. And the exchange rate has changed signifcantly over the last 4 years.

I still don't want to trade my wellcraft for a sailboat...

twister

Twisted in Bermuda
May 7, 2008
BERMUDA
Name
David Turner
Boat
N/A
Just to throw a spanner in - US Gallon is 3.8 litres and British gallon is 4.54 litres or something like that !!

Taxes in UK are to pay for health care, pensions, roads, and line politicians pockets as happens the world over.

Skip Jackson

Recovering LandLubber
Feb 7, 2003
Lakeside Trailer Park
Visit site
Name
Dave
Boat
31' Aiwych
If I pay 2.75 for a pint of Beer, how much is that a gallon, and oh ya, what about the tip?

The real question is....Where are you getting pints for $2.75?

Latest posts