the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
Was it a holiday weekend? Unbelievably like summer. All the Newbs were out. Embarcadero parking lot was not full, however the dock was. Folks waiting on folks to show up and not budging. Outside the harbor, every huge yacht were making their loops/circles for their guests. Just . . . Covid Crowded.

Uneventful day on the water. Lots of bait, a few puppy Dolphin. Water was green, 58 degrees, light current and almost no wind. Fishing was slow. Got a dozen mixed bass, 4 keepers. Kept one, below.

lick edit.png

Saw some bait marks and pulled up a couple of these huge Smelt which Bolan tasted.

1 edit.jpg

2 edit.jpg

Bolan is focused in on what’s going on. I think she’s starting to get it.

P1020725.JPG

Super glassy day. Went wide open and think I am underpowered, at least for glass. Otherwise, 25 mph all day long: which is usually above average conditions. Hate the idea of not being able to cruise at 35 if conditions allow.

3 edit.jpg

Here is our guest tonight.

And since this report is “lack luster”. I thought I’d share a GIF of my girlfriend. :D

14a387c2fb2345b2f9e9564228e20a9b_width-300.gif

“psuh”

Last edited:

the SLIDER

Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
Didn't say 25 is wide open, it's cruising speed. If I need any help i will go to the boating forum, thanks Hismosa.

• Haha
Reactions: pacificscout

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
Apr 22, 2013
Huntington Beach
Name
Mike
Boat
2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
If you have a 115, that is the same as my OB. With all the hours on mine, it will push me to 30 knots on glass, unloaded. I would expect that yours would be about the same. You start adding in full 30 gallon bait tank, lobster/fishing/camping gear and it slows down a bit.

Max HP - for my boat anyway - is 135, which may get you that extra 5 knots - but is it really worth the expense to repower and extra gas it's going to cost you?

PS - when did you start dating my ex? :D

Reactions: the SLIDER

the SLIDER

Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
Your X said hello Mike. :D

Good advise on the gas. My boat motor can range from 90-150 hp. My top end is around 33mph at 5500. 25mph at 4300. I figured I was going to repower when I bought the boat. I may wait till she blows up first. Arima forum may be the best place to get feedback when that time comes to repower.

37 miles to the closest point to Cat from DP = 1.5 hour drive, minimum.

Last edited:

DanaYakAngler

Jan 8, 2019
RSM
Name
Mike
Boat
Pro Angler 12
Was it a holiday weekend? Unbelievably like summer. All the Newbs were out. Embarcadero parking lot was not full, however the dock was. Folks waiting on folks to show up and not budging. Outside the harbor, every huge yacht were making their loops/circles for their guests. Just . . . Covid Crowded.

Uneventful day on the water. Lots of bait, a few puppy Dolphin. Water was green, 68 degrees, light current and almost no wind. Fishing was slow. Got a dozen mixed bass, 4 keepers. Kept one, below.

View attachment 1244104
Saw some bait marks and pulled up a couple of these huge Smelt which Bolan tasted.

View attachment 1244101

View attachment 1244102
Bolan is focused in on what’s going on. I think she’s starting to get it.

View attachment 1244105
Super glassy day. Went wide open and think I am underpowered, at least for glass. Otherwise, 25 mph all day long: which is usually above average conditions. Hate the idea of not being able to cruise at 35 if conditions allow.

View attachment 1244103
Here is our guest tonight.

And since this report is “lack luster”. I thought I’d share a GIF of my girlfriend. :D

View attachment 1244106

“psuh”
Did you mean the water was 58 not 68?

Reactions: Husband

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
Apr 22, 2013
Huntington Beach
Name
Mike
Boat
2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
I didn’t know Ozzie Osborne was a bass fisherman
Hey, at least you didn't call him "Kinison" :D

This thread is a perfect example of how to take an average day and turn it into an entertaining post by adding a little T & A and a bit of humor!

Well played, sir!

Pablo2fish

A humble student of the game.
Oct 27, 2008
Newport Beach
Name
Paul
Boat
Aquasport 250 Explorer
I made the run to Cat and got nada for my efforts. My buddy Frank managed to get 1 calico and land a lost Bonita. Thanks for the GIF of your girlfriend, it helped improve my day!

Reactions: the SLIDER