Danny

Fish Doper
May 17, 2009
Torrance
Name
Danny
Boat
SS FAT GUY
Nobody get's sick in Seas like that. They are to afraid they are about to die!! Been there......Done that
Cherry banks on the old "Sportfisher" with Capt Donny Brockman

BTW Thanks John for the link

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mikieb

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 8, 2011
Huntington Beach, Calif.
Name
Mike
Boat
Crash & Burn
That ain't shit, I clean fish & drink Yukon Jack when it's like that.:rofl:

Upvote 0

MYNomad

Heading South
Dec 12, 2007
Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
Name
Rick
Boat
Yes
Obviously, I have never been in seas anything close to that, but I always try to take a little video when things look hairy. Somehow, it never looks as bad on tape as in memory, probably in part because the camera is somewhat stable to the boat, not the earth. I video the pitch and roll displays to document it a little, but it is really hard to capture the rock n roll positive and negative (zero?) g forces.

Upvote 0

714aheim

You been drinking SW?
Nov 20, 2009
Anaheim
Name
jordan
Boat
steel
Obviously, I have never been in seas anything close to that, but I always try to take a little video when things look hairy. Somehow, it never looks as bad on tape as in memory, probably in part because the camera is somewhat stable to the boat, not the earth. I video the pitch and roll displays to document it a little, but it is really hard to capture the rock n roll positive and negative (zero?) g forces.

I was thinking the same thing. Think how bad that must have felt to look that bad. Reminds me of an epic trip to SCI with Jeff on the RTA. Whew! Although, I know it was NOTHING compared to this video.

Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
Aug 11, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Ron
Boat
several
Yer all soft, try racing sailboats to Hawaii, I have. LOL
Tuna boats are like a Carnival Cruise

HOWEVER you can have that roaring 40's stuff
off Cape Horn or Argentina, or off Ireland...no way! Whew!

(reminds me of fishing with Rick on SeaHawk at the Tanner in fall-LOL)

Upvote 0

AKULA683

STS3(SS)
Jun 10, 2008
Tustin/CA/US
Name
Toby
Boat
Sold!
I've been in seas like that before but it was in a boat that was designed to sink. Lol

Upvote 0

captaindorado

Sep 10, 2006
Newport/Punta Chivato/Spanish Wells
Name
Hey You
Boat
A Few
Its Not How Fast You Get There, Its The Journey. I remember missing the Freelance one time and they went to the Cherry and got an ass whipping, blew the doors of the heads. Don would go in any thing.

Upvote 0