If you are getting married why

Discussion in 'Nonsense Anything Boards' started by Shocktower, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Luhr'd Away

Luhr'd Away Member

Name:
    Art
    Boat:
    40' Luhrs Convertible, Luhr'd Away (SOLD)
    My wife is not only my best friend, sorry BFF Bob, but my better half. The real bonus, she likes fishing as much as I do.

2. Smudge

Smudge Moderate

Name:
    Matt
    Boat:
    I'm just a deckhand...
    I'm divorced. She was a bitch and we got married for the wrong reasons. Would I marry again? Sure. It has to be the right person. I'm much older and at least a little wiser.

My parent's 50th wedding anniversary will be August 26th this year. My sister has been happily married for 17 years. My older brothers are divorced. And my youngest brother is happily married to the girl who grew up down the street from us.

I've seen it both ways and and I'm still pretty happy that I have enough faith to do it again someday. Like I said, I'm quite a bit older and somewhat wiser so I hope I'll do things differently the next time around...

3. Luhr'd Away

Luhr'd Away Member

Name:
    Art
    Boat:
    40' Luhrs Convertible, Luhr'd Away (SOLD)
    Almost 19 years of marriage @ 37, solid run and going strong.

4. johnnylite

johnnylite Never too late to change.

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    Triumph 210cc
    So the lesson here is stay away from PETA, other hunters, and those mean women who take all your money. LOL

5. unskunkable

unskunkable Newbie

Name:
    David Wratchford
    Boat:
    17ft 1968 thunderbird 25ft1978 skipjack
    I never thought I would get married but when I met my wife I couldnt imagine not being married now we have a beutiful 2 month old daughter after 4 years of marriage and I cant believe i listened to all the bs from the older guys abojut how terrible being married is obviously they did not find the right woman for them and no my wife does not fish or read bd she doesnt even like fish but my life is so much better because of her

6. WaaTooSee

WaaTooSee Life is Short, Play Now!

Name:
    Frank
    Boat:
    WaaTooSee
    the only reason to get married now a days is if you want to start a family (read kids)

7. The Notorious S.U.A

The Notorious S.U.A Newbie

Name:
    jorge
    Boat:
    none
    frank youre a lawyer, how ironclad can a pre-nup be?

8. FishAbility

FishAbility Captain Fire

Name:
    Mick Fire
    Boat:
    36 Hatteras SportFisher
    im getting married in November. i cant wait. shes my best friend and keeps me on my feet, shes a good girl and a great partner. hellova a lover too! :loverz: plus shes got a rich daddy.... that helps... :Smoke_Emoticon: ;)

9. Gypsea

Gypsea I can cook too

Name:
    Dana
    Boat:
    Sold :0(
    :rofl:This wouldnt have anything to do with you being a Stripper tipper would it?:ashamed:

(NTTIAWWT) But...

10. Squid Vicious

Squid Vicious me vale verga

Name:
    Manuel Frias
    Boat:
    none for now
    .......................whats wrong with you ?

11. WaaTooSee

WaaTooSee Life is Short, Play Now!

Name:
    Frank
    Boat:
    WaaTooSee

I am not a lawyer but I know more than a few of them:D Hell, I am even related to more than a few of them:hali_parkutuli:

Pre-nups are good. They should be written/reviewed by divorce attorney's. They are not always iron clad but it is an additional layer of protection.

Of course, I did not have one. My marriage lasted about 18 months and cost me more than a few bucks......:Backstab_emoticon:

12. Noble Hook

Noble Hook Member

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    25' Outrage "Inhaler" & 29’ Shamrock Walkaround “Novia Loca”
    You actually get it night after night....?????:hali_parkutuli:

13. sdangler

sdangler Newbie

Name:
    Mark
    Boat:
    USS Drum SSN 677
    I could tell you stories but I'm over it...

My wife (no. 2 and last) is very cool and understands my lifestyle (see fishing and work).

Smudge has it right... Some people marry the right people at the right age (or maturity level) and others make mistakes (I did and apparently Matt did as well). If you want to swear off marriage due to a poor decision on your part and/or potential behavior issues on your part then so be it.

There are too many cool chicks out there and even here on Bloodydecks to write off all relationships that might revolve around (or end up in) marriage. If you choose to do so then that's your decision.

If you think the milk cow will be around forever then go ahead and depend on it. My extended family lives up in Oregon and I'm not so sure I would rustle a lot of those cows if they were "free".

Good luck Chief!

Mark

14. frijolitos

frijolitos cause I eat alot of beans

Name:
    Kurt
    Boat:
    23 grady, 16 Lund
    never been married so I couldn't comment on that side of the issue, but as a single man, I sure don't have any complaints. Sure sometimes, (and less and less as time goes on) the grass looks greener on the married side, but i'm content and if someday it happens, cool, legal matrimony isn't what is missing to make my life complete.

15. roxfisher

roxfisher Newbie

Name:
    Roxanne Swift
    Boat:
    not yet
    You are decidedly bitter, and I think all of us can understand that, but it is temporary.
    One thing you have wrong is--The milk aint free. You might be renting it or leasing it, but it sure as hell isn't free.
    Most divorce for the right reasons and marry for the wrong reasons. Alot have it backwards.
    You don't change the leopard buy ignoring it's spots. Most divorce issues are due to a problem that was already in place when you got married, you just ignored it. Sure there are exceptions to this rule, but very few. Here are a few examples--
    1. I divorced because he/she wouldn't get out and get a job. I almost guarantee this person went from job to job and gave every enlightened excuse as to why they couldn't make a living when you met them.
    2. I divorced he/she because they were unfaithfull. If you have a true love/partnership the other one won't go seeking something elsewhere, regardless of how you look now, that is just the easy excuse.
    3. Addiction--They had it before, you just thought you could change them.
    4. Entrapment--It takes two.
    5. Usually the side of the relationship in the divorce that "wants more" or "wants to take the other party to the cleaners" is the more guilty party. Once again, it takes two and you have faults as well as the next person.

For what it is worth. I married my best friend. I love him for who he is on the inside (and the outside is cute too!).
    We are older, we had our young vibrant years long before we met, but we plan on having our own vibrant years together ahead. Times have been rough for us, but we love each other more today than yesterday. Why marriage? It is a legal statement of commitment. It says I do NOT want to walk away. It also says I am here for the good the bad the wonderful and the sorrowful.
    HE is my soul.

16. johnnylite

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    Triumph 210cc
    Amen to that especially the second part.

17. Marcus

Marcus "Oddjob"

Name:
    Marcus
    Boat:
    Tuna Jihad toilet cleaner/Intrepid
    Marriage ain't always easy.

I married the smartest girl I ever dated (well, I'm not sure how smart, she married me). We work at marriage everyday. It's not hard, respect goes a long way. She tolerates me going duck hunting and fishing a lot. I work hard for her when I'm home. We can talk about anything and everything.

I also have the most beautiful daughter because of her. That is the best reason for marriage. Would I do it again. Hell yes.

18. johnnylite

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    Triumph 210cc
    So the poll says 98% happy 2% bitter.
    Label me happy and a little happier reading all these posts about how people make it work. I don't suppose that would make good television on Jerry Springer.
    Works for the 98% though.

19. Balboa29

Balboa29 Newbie

Name:
    Fisherman
    Boat:
    any
  20. Special Ed

Special Ed The Four Season Angler

Name:
    Call me crazy
    Boat:
    N/A
    Marriage is a compromise between two people that can just barely stand each other. The man agrees that everything she says is right, and the woman agrees that she won't rip his nads off and shove them up his bunghole as long as he keeps his end of the agreement.

Everything else is just time well spent wishing you were somewhere else.