If thinking of fishing in Morro Bay

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 4, 2004
California
Name
JB
Boat
Matson Inc.
Just a FYI to anyone thinking of jumping on a trip out of the two landings in Morro Bay.
The BEST option is to book out of MORRO BAY LANDING for you trip. From the office staff to the boats, leaps better then the other landing, virgs Landing. I used to ride the boats at virgs, but this last Labor Day Holiday, I went over to MORRO BAY LANDING, and understand why many are going their for their fishing trips.

Reactions: sctuna and dalurker

Shimano Penn

Dec 3, 2014
Chula Vista
Name
David
Boat
Fond Memory
I’ve been dying to get up there all summer, just can’t seem to get away. I fished the Avenger and the Endeavor in 2018 and had a blast, loaded my freezer too.

kaosx10

Master of KAOS
Mar 15, 2013
pinon hills, ca
Name
jeff
Boat
25' Farallon - Grizzly Bear
Try the Starfire! Capt Sal is the best. Also, I heard that the Virg's boats will only let you take 2 fishing rods on board cuz some fool tripped, fell and got hurt because of the clutter? Not sure what that is all about, but another good reason not to go to Virg's.

Reactions: michaelfish

joe pimentel

Me Hung Low
Dec 27, 2010
pismo beach, ca. U.S.A.
Name
Joe P.
Boat
The Pacific Mistress
I have to say Virg's landing kicks ass. I fish them both. Either way you go they are both good. Who needs more than two rods to fish rock cod (10 fish) ? Fished the Star fire on monday. (Labor day) nothing to write home about. Fucking tourist's 🤡s

Reactions: eat'm_raw

Aug 4, 2004
California
Name
JB
Boat
Matson Inc.
Try the Starfire! Capt Sal is the best. Also, I heard that the Virg's boats will only let you take 2 fishing rods on board cuz some fool tripped, fell and got hurt because of the clutter? Not sure what that is all about, but another good reason not to go to Virg's.
Your absolutely correct kaosx, Virgs Landing since the change of ownership some time ago, it was apparent, it was not the same and its really very obvious presently. From last years social media mud slinging from the owner of Virgs versus a bunch of very unhappy former customers, it was really pretty unbelievable how Virgs management was reacting. a "WOW" moment for sure. Don't know anything about the two rod rule but I do know they implemented a "fishing hours" rule on their two day trips.
Some really awesome Captains and crews have left to work elsewhere and some are at Morro Bay Landing. And your right, Capt Sal and Capt Brad run great rockcod trips. Far better customer service and leaps fishier then that other landing's Captains or crews.

Reactions: Ventura Bill