If it hops, it drops 9/2

WaterDawg

Jun 28, 2008
Ladera Ranch, CA
Name
Kevin
Boat
17' Whaler
After shooting doves in the IV on opening day, my buddies slept in at the motel on Friday morning and didn't want to go out again early, so I decided to mix it up a little. Headed out alone, found a good brush line next to an alphalpha field and it was fur ball city. Pretty fun and my crock pot will be put to good use.

rabbitsnogps.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nefarious235

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Aug 1, 2008
Proudly American
Name
Dan
Boat
canoe & plastic flotsam
You must be berry quiet when your hunting wabbit.

Upvote 0

kindafishy

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
im probably wrong so some one take me to school here, but i thought rabbit was unsafe to eat til after the first "frost", something about diseases, or parasites. was i told wrong?

Upvote 0

WaterDawg

Jun 28, 2008
Ladera Ranch, CA
Name
Kevin
Boat
17' Whaler
im probably wrong so some one take me to school here, but i thought rabbit was unsafe to eat til after the first "frost", something about diseases, or parasites. was i told wrong?
In California rabbit season opens in the heat of summer on July 1. Not sure but I think the disease issue is more of a problem in other areas and most states open later in the fall in cooler temps for the reason you noted. I always wear latex gloves when butchering them and watch for botfly larvae. I've personally never encountered anything suspicious in the hot weather rabbits I've shot here and never gotten sick

Upvote 0