Ideas for Fishing Youtubers

lichenpan

• Oct 22, 2018
    Chino Hills
    Name
    Albert
    Boat
    None
    Just saw a interesting Youtube video that someone used an ice fishing rod to fish bluefin. I have an idea for youtubers to try. How about using zip ties, velcro wraps or duct tape to couple 2 lighter fish rods together as 1 heavier one or to create a rail rod for cow tuna?

Last edited:
    Reactions: poppabig1
    Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
    Mar 7, 2009
    Riverside
    gettingbentwithbo.com
    Name
    Bo
    Boat
    16' Starcraft SF SS
    Haha that was Ray Sharifi (Dirty Hookers). Super cool guy, I think maybe slightly mental wanting to do that but makes for good content and if he's got the back for it who am I to judge LOL

Upvote 0

bdogie1

• May 27, 2015
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    getsome
    You ever felt a fish like that wont work in 1 million years!!

Upvote 0

AWilliams

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    May 18, 2009
    Ramona, Ca.
    Name
    Alin Williams
    Boat
    none
    Some people wait their whole life to catch a bluefin and you want to suggest something as moronic is duct taping 2 light duty rods together to try to land one...that's just stupid

• Haha
    Reactions: dctalk523
    Upvote 0

SMYLEE

3 different fishermen use this account
    Mar 9, 2011
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Name
    ""
    Boat
    24'custom
    Try a whopper stopper .... boom! landed several 30/40lb's and a handful of 60lb-80lb with that little rod. It always seems as tho when nothing else is working. Start fishing the 4' whopper stopper the fish always decided to take it for a ride!
    IMG_4153.JPG

By all means, it is not fun... at all. But I swear the BF know that. So they bite it every time.

Reactions: kbray001
    Upvote 0

Mtnfshr

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Nov 20, 2011
    Thornton
    Name
    Chuck Mc
    Boat
    none
    That's what happens when you take a peashooter or a knife to a gunfight. They, more often than not, don't end successfully and usually end quicker. In real knife vs. gun scenarios anyway. Fortunately this one did.

I didn't see anyone hanging fish during the fight... But anyone that's been around knows the fallout for "that guy" from the other anglers after a failure. It's hard not to be happy for him though. Better to try that crap on your own boat.

Upvote 0

Fathomx

Old Guy
    Jan 27, 2012
    OC
    Name
    Wrapper
    Boat
    It's gone
    For private boaters with a go-pro, trout set ups with 30/40lb and once you are near spooled, button down the drag and hook a 2nd rod to it and toss it overboard, then a 3rd, 4th etc...just like the old school LR boats did in the past, that would be cool.

Upvote 0

AWilliams

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    May 18, 2009
    Ramona, Ca.
    Name
    Alin Williams
    Boat
    none
    Is fishing just not exciting or challenging enough as it is??? Seems you want more odds against you than already exist while fishing...

Upvote 0