Bob_NH

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 21, 2015
New Hampshire
Name
Bob
Boat
N/A
Kil May be interested, even tho that is prime time in our charter business here in NH. Could you pm me cost? Thanks and stay safe.

Bob

bosco

Older Timer
Oct 21, 2005
Santa Barbara
Name
Ken Ross
Boat
Someone else's

ksong

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 7, 2005
NJ
Name
KIL SONG
Boat
NONE
Kil May be interested, even tho that is prime time in our charter business here in NH. Could you pm me cost? Thanks and stay safe.

Bob
I will send a pm.

ksong

Aug 7, 2005
NJ
Name
KIL SONG
Boat
NONE
Kil, put me down for June 27 thru July 3 trip. Thanks, Ken Ross
Ken, one group wants June 27 - July 3 trip.
I put you in July 4 - 10 trip.

ksong

Aug 7, 2005
NJ
Name
KIL SONG
Boat
NONE
They might have a problem to take bush plane on June 27 - July 3 trip.
Tod said he will let me know whether we still can go on those dates.
July 4 - 10 trip is booked.

chatt

Chasing fish
May 8, 2012
Lompoc, Pt. Arguello Ca.
Name
chatt
Boat
Radon 21
They might have a problem to take bush plane on June 27 - July 3 trip.
Tod said he will let me know whether we still can go on those dates.
July 4 - 10 trip is booked.
Hi Kil. Well maybe next time, It looks like u have you’re trip full. If u have a cancellation let me know. I’m still going too try too fish Alaska this year. Thanks though. 👍

ksong

Aug 7, 2005
NJ
Name
KIL SONG
Boat
NONE
Hi Kil. Well maybe next time, It looks like u have you’re trip full. If u have a cancellation let me know. I’m still going too try too fish Alaska this year. Thanks though. 👍
It they can go on June 27 - July 3 trip, you have a spot. They let me know whether we can go on june 27 - July 3 trip. Wait for a week.

ksong

Aug 7, 2005
NJ
Name
KIL SONG
Boat
NONE
Ok! Very good. Thank you. I’ll wait too hear from you. Have a great weekend.
I hope we can go on June 27 - July 3 trip.
Once we can go offshore, it is game on.
You can catch 20 - 40 big ling cod on a light jigs as well as yelloweye rockfish. They use mechanism to release rockfish safely.
icybaylingcod.jpg
icybay270lb.jpg

Since I caught 270 lb halibut on a jig, I haven't caught bigger than 150 lb. But big halibut are there.

Reactions: jiggermyster

AKSalmon

Jul 15, 2006
Juneau, Alaska
Name
Bill Brown
Boat
Sold my Parker. You can find me on the Red Rooster.
Make sure everyone knows that no yelloweye made be kept, and that the limit on ling cod for nonresidents is one per year with a slot limit. There are also severe restrictions on keeping halibut. Not a problem as long as people are catch and release...

ksong

Aug 7, 2005
NJ
Name
KIL SONG
Boat
NONE
Make sure everyone knows that no yelloweye made be kept, and that the limit on ling cod for nonresidents is one per year with a slot limit. There are also severe restrictions on keeping halibut. Not a problem as long as people are catch and release...
Don't worry. We keep according to the regulations and release every fish safely.
They are very strict.

Last edited:

ksong

Aug 7, 2005
NJ
Name
KIL SONG
Boat
NONE
What are the restrictions on keeping halibut?

Thanks
According to basco who fished at Icy Bay Lodge last year ( I didn't fish last year), the new regulations for nonresidents are one halibut under 32" and one of any size.
But I am not sure of one of any size as I remember one should be over 28" when I fished,
Anyway, we used to release halibut smaller than 80 lb to get bigger one. when we fished offshore. Inshore halibut jigging is crazy. When you don;t get hit by halibut within one minutes, you are in the wrong place. But they are mostly small in 10 lb - 40 lb range.
At the end of the trip, you will get minimum 2 boxes (50 lb per box) of fish vacuum packed free of charge.

inshore small halibut spot video

Last edited:

ksong

Aug 7, 2005
NJ
Name
KIL SONG
Boat
NONE
my daughter Jumee fighting 150 lb halibut on a jig using light tackle.

Reactions: fishin_kid

Randal

randal
Nov 29, 2004
California
Name
randal
Boat
19' Marine Specialty
The North Pacific Fishery Management Council has made the recommendations to the IPHC for area of 3A of a two fish limit with one of any size and the other of less than 32" and Wednesday closed to charter halibut fishing. These recommendations are usually adopted but are open to further modifications. The initial rules should be out by the end of February.

Reactions: STANWOOD BOB

ksong

Aug 7, 2005
NJ
Name
KIL SONG
Boat
NONE
The North Pacific Fishery Management Council has made the recommendations to the IPHC for area of 3A of a two fish limit with one of any size and the other of less than 32" and Wednesday closed to charter halibut fishing. These recommendations are usually adopted but are open to further modifications. The initial rules should be out by the end of February.
Thanks for info.
We usually do sightseeing, or king salmon/black bass fishing on Wed.