Ice Fishing for Bass and found Perch

Oldtimer2

Jul 29, 2020
Iowa City Iowa
Name
Rob Malone
Boat
don't got no boat
Perch eat better than bass anyway, so it was a win! It's takes a few of the lil guys to make a meal, but it's worth the time cleaning them. I think that perch might maybe sorta even taste better than walleyes. Ok, no, but close.

I fish ice perch with 2lb test and a 2.5 foot section of the tip of a 5 weight flyrod. Custom dowel handle. LOL Makes it fun. I use the same rig for crappies and bluegills too. Does get a bit interesting when a pike or a bass comes by. Usually lose 'em...but it's interesting.

Thanks for the hard water report.

Upvote 0

tiefsa

Feb 11, 2020
Wisconsin
Name
tiefsa
Boat
Euroline
Perch eat better than bass anyway, so it was a win! It's takes a few of the lil guys to make a meal, but it's worth the time cleaning them. I think that perch might maybe sorta even taste better than walleyes. Ok, no, but close.

I fish ice perch with 2lb test and a 2.5 foot section of the tip of a 5 weight flyrod. Custom dowel handle. LOL Makes it fun. I use the same rig for crappies and bluegills too. Does get a bit interesting when a pike or a bass comes by. Usually lose 'em...but it's interesting.

Thanks for the hard water report.

Thanks for the tips on targeting perch. I like your ice fishing set-up description for crappie, perch, and bluegill. I love eating Perch, by the way. They're my favorite type of fish fry. I didn't expect to catch any, so I let that one go.

Upvote 0