Im in (Schedule permitting) .. this is my home turf ... i fish the south jetty everyday if im home... the fishing has been great.. got yellow fin croaker last night and a 3 lb perch wed. night,, .. hopefully ill not be workiing that day..
I live on dahlia and seacoast in ib so id be fishing this anyway.. would welcome some company... Mark terry
Join us for a Surf Fishing Tournament Sunday June, 27
We will be fishing at Imperial Beach. Fishing starts at 8:00 AM and finishes at 11:00AM
This is a winner take all tournament.
Grand Prize: BRAGGING RIGHTS!!!!!! You will be named King of the Beach, and the best Surf Fisherman in the world!
This is a great opportunity to meet and fish with some fellow Bloody Decker’s. All are welcome. There are no entry fees, and no prize money. Just a good time to be had by all.
Where: Imperial Beach
When: Sunday June, 27th
Time: 8:00-11:00 AM
1. Fishing starts promptly at 8:00 AM and ends at 11:00 AM, be at the north jetty/surf camp by 7:30 AM to sign in and go over the rules.
2. Any kind of bait is allowed.
3. Sharks, rays, and skates do not count. Bait fish such as smelt, mackerel, and sardines will be excluded.
4. One rod per angler only. Backup rigs are allowed, but only one rod may be fished at a time.
5. This is a catch and release tournament. Anglers are responsible for measuring and recording their own catch. All anglers must bring their own digital camera and tape measure. Fish must be measured with the tape laying flat on the ground and must clearly show the length of the fish accurately.
6. Fish such as halibut and WSB which do not meet the minimum size requirement for a legal catch may not be included in the anglers total.
7. There can be only one "King of the Surf". The angler with the greatest total length for three fish will be declared the winner. HOWEVER...any angler who catches a "Grand Slam" (BSP, corbina, halibut, and one other surf game fish such as yellowfin, spotfin, or white croaker, WSB etc.) will trump the longest aggregate anglers catch by virtue of superior angling skill and bait presentation, and thereby be declared the winner. Anglers must record their catch and report it to the "tournament official" at the end of fishing. An unofficial winner will be declared on the beach, and the results will become official when pics are posted and confirmed on Bloodydecks.
8. In the event of a tie, there will be a "Sudden Death" fish off. The anglers involved in the tie will fish until one of them catches any fish allowed under the rules, and will be declared the winner when the fish is released.
To sign up, just post to this link. More information will be added as it comes up.