IB Surf Fishing Tournament. Sign up Here!

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
I disagree with #6...
If someone catches a short wsb or Hali the priority should be to release it alive and quickly as possible....I don't want to see somebody laying a short on the sand for measuring and a pic and killing it ultimately, in a futile effort to beat me....:shakin: A not legal fish should not be legal for the contest imo...
Otherwise I think those rules are fairly solid. Though I will prolly start fishing earlier. I realize full well "early" fish won't count....
Do kept fish count? I have no problem with someone keeping a few for dinner.

Upvote 0

MR CROWLEY

like the ozzy song
Apr 13, 2010
san diego ca
Name
sean
Boat
hobie pro angler
I disagree with #6...
If someone catches a short wsb or Hali the priority should be to release it alive and quickly as possible....I don't want to see somebody laying a short on the sand for measuring and a pic and killing it ultimately, in a futile effort to beat me....:shakin: A not legal fish should not be legal for the contest imo...
Otherwise I think those rules are fairly solid. Though I will prolly start fishing earlier. I realize full well "early" fish won't count....
Do kept fish count? I have no problem with someone keeping a few for dinner.
now that i think about it i actually have to agree with Carl go figure not legal should not count. im also ok with anyone taking some of their catches home

Upvote 0

jscrib

Whale Cock
Apr 29, 2004
Santa Monica
Name
j
Boat
VS
Sounds like fun. If I'm in SD that weekend I'll stop by.

I have been putting on Fish Off's for 6 + years now. Ours is based around county competition ie. LA vs OC vs SD. Different species are awarded different points and the highest average fish count per county wins. Basically just bragging rights. It is also free and is a great way to get people together who don't get to see each other often.

For you guys, I would suggest keeping it simple. I like Kevin's ideas. Stay true to surf fishing and it's roots. Not too over the top. Like most of the people who have been fishing the beaches for 30 + years.

Good luck and hope to see you there,

j

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kelpbedhead

Hippie Hater
May 15, 2009
San diego
Name
James
Boat
20' Baja Bayrunner
I like Kevin's rules with Carl's revisions. Good job Kevin. I'll just copy, paste and revise, then add it to the origional post. What do you say fellas. Are these the rules?

Chime in.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
There should be no penalty for cheating.....:picknose:

Upvote 0

wsbkiller

Aug 29, 2009
Imperial Beach, Ca. USA
Name
Kevin
Boat
Sometimes
Sounds like fun. If I'm in SD that weekend I'll stop by.

I have been putting on Fish Off's for 6 + years now. Ours is based around county competition ie. LA vs OC vs SD. Different species are awarded different points and the highest average fish count per county wins. Basically just bragging rights. It is also free and is a great way to get people together who don't get to see each other often.

For you guys, I would suggest keeping it simple. I like Kevin's ideas. Stay true to surf fishing and it's roots. Not too over the top. Like most of the people who have been fishing the beaches for 30 + years.

Good luck and hope to see you there,

j

It would be awesome if you could make it J.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
Fuckin' whiney baby Carl... :D

Hey I got the cheating proviso in there....
The more flagrant the better!
Except for the corked rod....That's just un-American....

Upvote 0

Simon Bon Bowery

Lizard Fish Hippie
Feb 18, 2007
O'side
Name
Simon
Boat
Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"
There should be no penalty for cheating.....:picknose:

Their isn't if you don't get caught.
icon12.gif

Upvote 0

Kelpbedhead

Hippie Hater
May 15, 2009
San diego
Name
James
Boat
20' Baja Bayrunner
Thanks, Kevin. I updated the thread to include the rules. If there are anymore changes I'll have to update Next Week. I've got to get ready for my 2-1/2 day trip leaving Friday at 6:00pm on the Condor. Gonna go looking for Tuna boys! Hope we get em. I'll be in and out, but back by Monday morning.

Upvote 0

wsbkiller

Aug 29, 2009
Imperial Beach, Ca. USA
Name
Kevin
Boat
Sometimes
Thanks, Kevin. I updated the thread to include the rules. If there are anymore changes I'll have to update Next Week. I've got to get ready for my 2-1/2 day trip leaving Friday at 6:00pm on the Condor. Gonna go looking for Tuna boys! Hope we get em. I'll be in and out, but back by Monday morning.

Knock 'em dead James!

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses

Good luck dude. If you catch a bft save it whole for me and bring it to the derby......
PS Don't tell the other guys ;)

Upvote 0

Surfdoc

The finger in the Dyke!
Mar 7, 2003
Bahia Asucion BCS
www.momentoffame.com
Name
Stan
Boat
Mx Panga, MOJAC
Someones gonna find them... hope it's you James!!!

No problem with takin some for dinner.... I plan on gettin a few for dinner.

Trust me .. it's not gonna hurt the sustainability. :D

Upvote 0

Latest posts