IB Surf Fishing Tournament. Sign up Here!

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    I disagree with #6...
    If someone catches a short wsb or Hali the priority should be to release it alive and quickly as possible....I don't want to see somebody laying a short on the sand for measuring and a pic and killing it ultimately, in a futile effort to beat me....:shakin: A not legal fish should not be legal for the contest imo...
    Otherwise I think those rules are fairly solid. Though I will prolly start fishing earlier. I realize full well "early" fish won't count....
    Do kept fish count? I have no problem with someone keeping a few for dinner.

Upvote 0

MR CROWLEY

like the ozzy song
    Apr 13, 2010
    san diego ca
    Name
    sean
    Boat
    hobie pro angler
    I disagree with #6...
    If someone catches a short wsb or Hali the priority should be to release it alive and quickly as possible....I don't want to see somebody laying a short on the sand for measuring and a pic and killing it ultimately, in a futile effort to beat me....:shakin: A not legal fish should not be legal for the contest imo...
    Otherwise I think those rules are fairly solid. Though I will prolly start fishing earlier. I realize full well "early" fish won't count....
    Do kept fish count? I have no problem with someone keeping a few for dinner.
    now that i think about it i actually have to agree with Carl go figure not legal should not count. im also ok with anyone taking some of their catches home

Upvote 0

jscrib

Whale Cock
    Apr 29, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Name
    j
    Boat
    VS
    Sounds like fun. If I'm in SD that weekend I'll stop by.

I have been putting on Fish Off's for 6 + years now. Ours is based around county competition ie. LA vs OC vs SD. Different species are awarded different points and the highest average fish count per county wins. Basically just bragging rights. It is also free and is a great way to get people together who don't get to see each other often.

For you guys, I would suggest keeping it simple. I like Kevin's ideas. Stay true to surf fishing and it's roots. Not too over the top. Like most of the people who have been fishing the beaches for 30 + years.

Good luck and hope to see you there,

j

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Kelpbedhead

Hippie Hater
    May 15, 2009
    San diego
    Name
    James
    Boat
    20' Baja Bayrunner
    I like Kevin's rules with Carl's revisions. Good job Kevin. I'll just copy, paste and revise, then add it to the origional post. What do you say fellas. Are these the rules?

Chime in.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    There should be no penalty for cheating.....:picknose:

Upvote 0

wsbkiller

Aug 29, 2009
    Imperial Beach, Ca. USA
    Name
    Kevin
    Boat
    Sometimes
    Sounds like fun. If I'm in SD that weekend I'll stop by.

I have been putting on Fish Off's for 6 + years now. Ours is based around county competition ie. LA vs OC vs SD. Different species are awarded different points and the highest average fish count per county wins. Basically just bragging rights. It is also free and is a great way to get people together who don't get to see each other often.

For you guys, I would suggest keeping it simple. I like Kevin's ideas. Stay true to surf fishing and it's roots. Not too over the top. Like most of the people who have been fishing the beaches for 30 + years.

Good luck and hope to see you there,

j

It would be awesome if you could make it J.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Fuckin' whiney baby Carl... :D

Hey I got the cheating proviso in there....
    The more flagrant the better!
    Except for the corked rod....That's just un-American....

Upvote 0

Simon Bon Bowery

Lizard Fish Hippie
    Feb 18, 2007
    O'side
    Name
    Simon
    Boat
    Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"
    There should be no penalty for cheating.....:picknose:

Their isn't if you don't get caught.
    icon12.gif

Upvote 0

Kelpbedhead

Hippie Hater
    May 15, 2009
    San diego
    Name
    James
    Boat
    20' Baja Bayrunner
    Thanks, Kevin. I updated the thread to include the rules. If there are anymore changes I'll have to update Next Week. I've got to get ready for my 2-1/2 day trip leaving Friday at 6:00pm on the Condor. Gonna go looking for Tuna boys! Hope we get em. I'll be in and out, but back by Monday morning.

Upvote 0

wsbkiller

Aug 29, 2009
    Imperial Beach, Ca. USA
    Name
    Kevin
    Boat
    Sometimes
    Thanks, Kevin. I updated the thread to include the rules. If there are anymore changes I'll have to update Next Week. I've got to get ready for my 2-1/2 day trip leaving Friday at 6:00pm on the Condor. Gonna go looking for Tuna boys! Hope we get em. I'll be in and out, but back by Monday morning.

Knock 'em dead James!

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses

Good luck dude. If you catch a bft save it whole for me and bring it to the derby......
    PS Don't tell the other guys ;)

Upvote 0

Surfdoc

The finger in the Dyke!
    Mar 7, 2003
    Bahia Asucion BCS
    www.momentoffame.com
    Name
    Stan
    Boat
    Mx Panga, MOJAC
    Someones gonna find them... hope it's you James!!!

No problem with takin some for dinner.... I plan on gettin a few for dinner.

Trust me .. it's not gonna hurt the sustainability. :D

Upvote 0