I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Sep 16, 2003
North San Diego County
caspsolutions.com
Name
Dennis
Boat
27' self built
Spent today Monday 11/3 fishing again north of Oceanside looking for some love. Started out with the Wahoo lures, even spent a couple hours looking for the deep Trash fish. LOL Ended up with a midsize red colored fish (set free) and a day enjoying the water. Every bird in the county was there trying their best to eat your bait. Maybe another reason I don't like the closer to shore fishing! Had my retired pastor with me for a long awaited trip and it turned into just a boat ride. Water still 70.5 but few marks on the finder! About a dozen boats working the area but everybody was moving around all day looking for a sweet spot.

Great bait from Oceanside and a total of five trailers parked. Humm-½ scoop $30. We set most of them free too.

Best advice--Go South! Way south.

Upvote 0

PoolMan

7 'dines short of a full scoop
Nov 7, 2005
La Costa
Name
Chuck G
Boat
8' sabot #69
Helgren's had 66 yellows yesterday and 32 today. I think the bite is still on.

Upvote 0

ALUMINATOR

Sep 16, 2003
North San Diego County
caspsolutions.com
Name
Dennis
Boat
27' self built
Helgren's had 66 yellows yesterday and 32 today. I think the bite is still on.
The information I got was that they went south a bit and found a new spot of YT.

1010 below/west
That will be my next destination. Just a little warm up trip after some repairs and maintenance. I am down to one jar of canned tuna! LOL

Upvote 0

osidefishin

big daddy
Nov 27, 2006
oceanside
Name
chuck
Boat
18' Klamath cc " Second chance "
Saw you guys at the ramp coming in,I was launching the the lil Alumitator LOL. At least you got out there and gave it a shot,you'll get em next time..

Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
thanks for the intel Dennis!

Just when I was ready to change my plans (again) and head north for a slim shot at a local wahoo, I'm now planning to see how far 100 gals of gas will get me. :D

worst I've ever got was 1.75 mpg. Best 2.25. making the circuit down to the 1010, out to the airplane and back across the 302 is about 165 NM.

guess I'd better throw on a couple of gas cans!

Upvote 0

captamb1

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 9, 2003
Vista
Visit site
Name
JIM
Boat
25 ft Skipjack Fisherman
Thanks for the report Denmis, I got a tip that YF on the north end of the nine this morning.
Will be going south on Saturday!
Good Luck if you go!

Upvote 0

captamb1

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 9, 2003
Vista
Visit site
Name
JIM
Boat
25 ft Skipjack Fisherman
thanks for the intel Dennis!

Just when I was ready to change my plans (again) and head north for a slim shot at a local wahoo, I'm now planning to see how far 100 gals of gas will get me. :D

worst I've ever got was 1.75 mpg. Best 2.25. making the circuit down to the 1010, out to the airplane and back across the 302 is about 165 NM.

guess I'd better throw on a couple of gas cans!

Mikey which day you going? Think I am going Saturday.

Upvote 0

Forplay

Mikey likes it
Oct 19, 2006
40 over 10
Name
MC
Boat
c/s For-Play
Looks like a pretty clean temp break from 450 to 1010. Gonna head down Thurs out of SD bay... Anyone wanna work together on the radio?

Upvote 0

Mstonefish

Captain
Feb 6, 2003
Escondido
Name
Mark
Boat
22' Bayrunner CC 140 Suzuki 4 stroke
Nice thread title Rojo, for a minute I thought you took the tank waaaaay south LOL

I find it suspect that you spent more than a hour chasing trash fish, but if you did then there is hope for you yet ;)

I am sure you have a trip lined up with nice weather in the forecast.

Upvote 0

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
Looks like a pretty clean temp break from 450 to 1010. Gonna head down Thurs out of SD bay... Anyone wanna work together on the radio?
Hey great idea!! My two buddies and I are planning on Thursday morning going to 1010 area. We are leaving at about 7:00 pm tomorrow evening and going down to SD hang out in bay until around 5:00 am then head out. Not real big on running at nite in Mex. waters. Lol. Pm me we csn chat. JeffJeff

Upvote 0

Tunaslam

Apr 25, 2003
Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
Name
Cory Visser
Boat
N/A
Way to give it a go Dennis! Bummer on not finding the right kind or almost any kind!

Upvote 0

BigSwell

Jul 12, 2014
Morro Bay, Ca
Name
Steve
Boat
Big Swell / Ciera 2858
We will be heading out early Saturday to the same area south. Will be fishing on "macpak" davis Bahia with an angry tuna wrapped on the boat. Can't miss it. Will be throwing out numbers if we find em. Good luck!

Upvote 0