I Was Almost Killed By Discarded Fishing Line!

Discussion in 'Surf Fishing Reports' started by Scuba Chris, Jul 18, 2018.

1. slydawg

slydawg Always wishin' I was fishin'

Name:
    Billy
    Boat:
    WWW - 25’ Proline
    or at least start a thread asking for medical advice.... :D

2. Scuba Chris

Scuba Chris Member

Name:
    Christopher Takahashi
    Boat:
    Christina Ann
    I went & my doc said it's a bad sprain. But after a couple weeks the pain continued so i was sent to an expert who can detect hairlines as they're hard to detect. He also said bad sprain though the signs are more for a hairline. But it is getting much better this week, maybe at 20% of the pain i was suffering from before. I still go fishing as i developed a shoulder brace that clips to my rod for hoisting.

Olddog8 and sealskinner like this.
  3. jim isbell

jim isbell I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Jim Isbell
    Boat:
    19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
    Like most people, it makes me sad and angry to hear this. For years, I have NOT been proud to be a "fisherman" because so many have screwed it up for the rest of us. It is so damn lazy--and thoughtless to leave a booby trap for others. As bad as it was--you could easily have been killed as you point out. And what of children, which of course to most of us, is far worse. Even though I love fish, I feel like I don't have squat to say if people were to rise up and make certain areas closed to fishing. Just as WE say all the time that WE should not be excluded, in like fashion, no one, fisherman or not, should have to risk injury or death to enjoy a beach area. I would only say to slob fisherman--you ARE a slob and you better change your ways or find the beach closed to all of us. To each other I say DO speak up if you see someone cutting free line like that--speak up. And if you run into what I have run into, someone saying "f off", then just say "do you mind then, if I clean up after you?" and go over and cut it off the rocks and put it in your pocket. Show people your resolve on this.

Olddog8 and Scuba Chris like this.
  4. Northeastfshman

Northeastfshman Moderator

Name:
    Brett Weinberg
    Boat:
    Parker 2120SCDV
    Everybody ... for Punitive Damages

5. Bhoff

Bhoff Newbie

Name:
    Brandon
    Boat:
    Robalo
    That is awful! Sorry to hear that happened to you. I always pick up my own and others fishing trash that I see as I am surf fishing.

Scuba Chris likes this.
  6. Scuba Chris

Scuba Chris Member

Name:
    Christopher Takahashi
    Boat:
    Christina Ann
    For the past few days i took my brace off and the pain is no longer there though my gripping strength is still weak. It's nice to get that itchy brace off! On my way to recovery! Thanks everyone!