I want a parker BUT?????

Discussion in 'Parker Boats - The Tradition Continues' started by bitesomthing, Oct 25, 2019.

1. bitesomthing

bitesomthing Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    chris
    Boat:
    always upgrading
    i would pull the trigger on a Parker today but, 12 days a year is stopping me. I fish an average of 60 days a year but for 12 days ( 3, 4 day weekends) a year the family and i go to Lake mead, these 12 days are the best of the year since i have the family captive on the lake and we actually spend time together. Mt question for you is this. Would a Parker 2320 pilot house pull my kids Wake boarding? My 15 year old son is 5'10' 170lbs. He is no pro just loves the wake board.

thanks for your advice
    Chris

2. Arima-bob

Arima-bob Ship faced aquaholic

Name:
    Beeulzebob
    Boat:
    uh....
    I couldn’t see why it wouldn’t. I’ve seen a 30+ foot sportfisher pulling a wakeboarder once. I haven’t done it myself, but I’m pretty confident my little Arima could do it just fine too.

3. willit float

willit float Member

Name:
    Em
    Boat:
    20' Livesay Offshore Utility
    I know my Livesay 20’ would pull skiers. That thing jumps on plane quick and moves up to cruise speed remarkably fast. I had a 186 Chris Craft that with 7 onboard and a single skier would pull just fine.

4. thrasher949

thrasher949 Member

Name:
    Jeff
    Boat:
    Parker 23
    You can if you want.... You would need to setup some kind of pole though.... Depends on outboard also.... a 200 wont get it done. A 225 with a 15 pitch prop probly would. I don't know if I would want a pilot house on lake mead though. I think a center console would fit your needs better.

5. Johnlgarrison

Johnlgarrison The ultimate goal is memories not dreams.

Name:
    Johnny Garrison
    Boat:
    Parker 2320 "Sticky Business 5"
    Here is my advice. Buy the Parker and rent a wakeboard boat at lake Mead. Better idea find a guy with a wakeboard boat who likes to fish and become friends.

problem solved

6. knot keely

knot keely Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Dan
    Boat:
    None (yet)
    Guys pull each other on surfboards/wakeboards with Greenough 17’s (90hp outboards) all the time. No reason a 2320 can’t do it. Spring for the 300 on the back(but the 250 would be fine too).

7. bitesomthing

Name:
    chris
    Boat:
    always upgrading
    You are correct, im just over thinking this shit!!

8. bitesomthing

Name:
    chris
    Boat:
    always upgrading
    I have been using a CC for years, just time to up the boat some. besides being a little warm at times the PH works fine at Mead.

9. Arima-bob

Arima-bob Ship faced aquaholic

Name:
    Beeulzebob
    Boat:
    uh....
    I do appreciate a PH, but Mead in the heat of summer? You’re gonna be sweating like a whore in church!

Shewillbemine and Mk6_Robbie like this.
  10. Fins in the Bin

Fins in the Bin Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    used to fish
    Boat:
    50 Silverton
    Getting out of the water on a wakeboard is a lot easier than getting out of the water on a single ski especially for a kid. Just about any motor you have will do a kid on a wakeboard. I'm 54 YO 225 LB's and nothing special on a wakeboard and ive been pulled out by some tiny little jetboat thingys

11. Guy Schneider

Guy Schneider Tail Whip

Name:
    Tail Whip
    Boat:
    2007 Parker 2320
    With a 250 or 225 the boat will pull your skiers out of the water without any issues. Put a permatrim and a 4 blade 17 or 15 SS prop on it and you'll have no issues.

The bigger question is, do you really want to pull a 6000 pound fishing boat across a 300 mile stretch of desert and 120° heat. If you are putting that boat in and out of the salt water during the year, my hunch is you'll have to do new bearings and brakes every year before your Mead trip else you are playing with fire.

Also, I don't know that I would feel comfortable backing my 2320 down the launch ramp at Lake Mead. I don't know what the pitch is of that ramp but 6000 pounds is a lot of weight to be backing down and or pulling out of a steep and long launch ramp. Watch the video of the guy that lost his 2320 on the launch ramp in Oceanside. It will make you pucker and rethink the idea of backing that boat down a long steep launch ramp without a three-quarter ton 4x4 diesel truck. If you lose traction, or brakes, or a transmission, or a hitch, or a bow strap, you are toast. Not an experience I would care to have.

My advice, leave the fishing boat at home and rent a proper wake board boat for the week. A bearing job is more expensive than a boat rental and you will enjoy the week with your family much more knowing that you did not damage your prized fishing boat, trailer or truck in the process. No one wants to be a segment on the Qualified Captain!

12. knot keely

knot keely Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Dan
    Boat:
    None (yet)
    Almost all of the 23' purpose built wake boats are pushing 6000lbs.

13. Daytripper770

Daytripper770 Newbie

Name:
    Daytripper
    Boat:
    Chaparral
    I feel your pain, just bought a Parker 2120 and I've got a 2012 Chaparral bowrider sitting in my covered carport that I've gotta sell. Been boating at Mead, Powell, and Havasu for 6 yrs and I'm gonna miss those amazing lakes. But I can't justify owning 2 boats and living in Ventura Co. I can be at the islands in less than 3 hrs after leaving the house. Takes about 7 hours to get to Mead, not to mention the drive home Sunday night! Family's gonna miss Wakeboarding, kneeboarding, tubing but they're older now and spearfishing and island exploring will make up for those losses. I did buy a tow attachment for outboards so I'm gonna try some tubing on a warm day out.

repo805 likes this.
  14. mercado

mercado Member

Name:
    John Mercado
    Boat:
    Parker 2520 XL
    7628C91D-932A-4FB2-AFD9-A8B1FD8094B9.png D460EC4C-8BEC-448D-904F-0CC39898152A.jpeg

kbray001 likes this.
  15. mercado

mercado Member

Name:
    John Mercado
    Boat:
    Parker 2520 XL
    My son behind our parker 2520 with Yamaha 250

bitesomthing likes this.
  16. bitesomthing

Name:
    chris
    Boat:
    always upgrading
    Thanks Thats what i needed

mercado likes this.
  17. bitesomthing

Name:
    chris
    Boat:
    always upgrading
    LOL. the key is Airflow!!!!!!!!! that is when i make the Kid Drive!!!

Arima-bob likes this.
  18. Daytripper770

Daytripper770 Newbie

Name:
    Daytripper
    Boat:
    Chaparral
    Awesome, might have to keep my boards after seeing those pics. Going out to the islands tomorrow, if I somefind some glass I'll have to wetsuit up and give it a try after seeing those pics.