Dream Weaver 1

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 12, 2009
Cabo San Lucas, BCS
Name
Hiram Montano
Boat
32' Blackfin & 53' Post
I don't want to jinx the good karma but it would appear the Stripped Marlin have arrived in good numbers here in Cabo. The last few days most boats going 30-35 miles up the coast near Todos Santos and just a few miles offshore, have been catching double digit Stripped Marlin per day.

A few days ago we received 5 new lures from our good friend Zane Hinrichs of Bomboy Lures. For 3 days we had just one angler who had obviously done this before and accounted for the majority of the Marlin caught. Today 2 new anglers, one who had never caught a Marlin but that quickly changed by 8:00 a.m.

Totals for 4 days were 71 Stripped Marlin, 3 Sailfish all released and several Dorado. On the radio we heard several boats landing several large Wahoo and even a few Blue Marlin were caught and released. Overall we had 41 hook-ups with the Bomboy Lures to include 8 doubles and 3 triples. The Marlin didn't seem to like live bait but did strike on weighted rigged Ballyhoo we were trolling in with the Bomboy's. Zane can identify the model of lures, I can never keep the name straight.

Let's hope this continues for the Winter like in years past and also that they move closer to Cabo.

Capt. Ramon Hiram Montano
Dream Weaver Sportfishing

Attachments

msteve1014

Nov 17, 2006
oxnard,ca
Name
mike
Boat
12 duroboat, Blackman 20
Nice work. I'm always amazed at the number of billfish a good boat and crew can account for on a good day, or four.

MikeO

Sitting at A-Bay
Feb 24, 2005
Waikoloa, HI
Name
MikeO
Boat
27 World Cat, True Lies
Nice going Ramon....that Orange and Black Halloween lure got it done. Great job in the Bisbee's.

Dream Weaver 1

Jun 12, 2009
Cabo San Lucas, BCS
Name
Hiram Montano
Boat
32' Blackfin & 53' Post
Thanks Mike. I appreciate all the nice emails I received from all our BloodyDeck's friends reference the Bisbee's.

Capt. Ramon Hiram Montano
Dream Weaver Sportfishing

zanegler

Bomboy Lures Are Money!
Jun 24, 2008
placerville/ca/usa
Name
zane
Boat
Skipjack 20 Flybridge, Cruel Intentions
Capt. Ramon Hiram Montano, and the Dream Weaver Sportfishing operation are absolutely on fire! The list of accomplishments they have acheived in the last year is mind-boggling. This applies to tournament fishing as they won the most money in last years Bisbee's Black & Blue, they came in first place with a massive Black marlin in the East Cape Bisbee's, in which for good measure they took day three Dorado jackpot, and then they win the Day Two Daily with another Black marlin in this years Black & Blue. In addition, they continue to be a high-liner boat on their everyday charters that you and I can actually book.

Despite these lofty credentials, they are still humble and work everyday to make every charter the best it can be. I know this all sounds like hyperbole, but it is all true as many Dreamweaver clients have pointed out in their own posts here on Bloodydecks.

Here are some pictures of the Mini-G in several colors.

Attachments

Last edited:

Hough

Jan 24, 2009
San Diego/CA/USA
Name
Michael Hough
Boat
None
Great report Capt. Ramon and good news the Marlin may have returned for the Winter. There's not a harder working crew in Cabo for my money then the guys at Dream Weaver - Ramon, Fernando and Jaime. I also hope the Marlin move closer to Golden Gate Bank.

Zane, I've fished with Dream Weaver several times this year and they always have your Bomboy's in their lure spread and we've had great sucess.

I continue to hear almost daily from people the big Tuna and I mean over 300#'s are still around the Gordo Banks with a 303# caught yesterday and those were friends of mine earlier last week who had the 351#. Should be an awesome WON Tuna Tournament next week. Cabo Rocks.

Good Luck to all.

Michael

SocalKev

Feb 23, 2008
So Cal
Name
Kevin Drom
Boat
Sold it! Charters only.
Congrats on the Bisbee win Ramon, great to hear the marlin are in town, now if they just hang around for 3 weeks!
Seeya in November

GOAT15

Jul 12, 2008
Point Loma, San Diego
Name
Brando
Boat
28 Parker LADY LUCK, 25ft parker CC, 35 Cabo flybridge,Ranger 85
That sail fish was a toad, enjoy the pics of the jigs

Reel Obsession

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 26, 2007
Battle Ground WA
Name
Tim
Boat
26' Seaswirl Striper
Wow

What will it be like in late dec?

Capesquan. Hard to say exactly, but if I understand it correctly what SHOULD happen is that the fish will hold, or build for the next couple months around some of the outer banks, Golden Gate and Jaime Banks being the a couple of the most popular. As the bait fish gather around the banks, so the whales, marlin, sealions, birds and of course the fishing fleet. It will likley go from a troll game, to a live bite frenzy combat fishing style. Close in hook ups, big numbers by the charters who will me making bait, hooking up, leadering fish, and releasing as quickly as possible. That should run into January or so. Eventually the big schools will break up, and you'll find smaller numbers and singles spread out and moving inside. I'll have my family there the last week of December and first week of January.

Again, that's my limited understand based on only a couple years of fishing Los Cabos and with only a couple Decembers under my fighting belt. Anyone else care to correct or add info?

RO

Hough

Jan 24, 2009
San Diego/CA/USA
Name
Michael Hough
Boat
None
Tim,

Your information is spot on, at least for the past 4 out of 5 years. The Marlin should start to appear at Golden Gate anytime, hopefully. That's where the bait gather and where there's bait there's fish and all forms of sea life.

It was in December 2007 all those Stripped Marlin world records were set, for example, 190 Marlin in one day for one boat, 330 Stripped Marlin for two days.

Marlin's Top Captains and Mates - Marlin

Some boats slow troll live baits but many simply sit and watch the birds. When the birds start diving, it's like you said, "combat fishing" with fast boats, chasing diving birds and the first 5-10 boats to arrive at the scene get double, triple and quadruple hook-ups. I've counted over 125 boats at Golden Gate in a one mile radius when the fish are there. It's actually well orchestrated chaos and once in a while you'll get your line cut-off but it's no big deal. You'll be hooked up again in minutes anyway.

Pick your charter boat & crew carefully and I'd fish with one of the outfits who are often recommended here on BloodyDecks.

Michael