I should have Thanked the DFG Officer...

Tin Pangas

Skipper
Aug 28, 2010
Norwalk, Ca U.S.A.
Name
Kevin
Boat
37 Tollycraft
...that stopped me in Alamitos bay this afternoon. I was pumping ghost shrimp with my 11 year old daughter when he stopped and checked us. I won't go into detail, but should have thanked him for being so professional, courteous, and understanding. He was a very nice young man and deserves some recognition. I really do regret not letting him know that I appreciated the manner in which he handled the situation.

Bank Robber

Hyperbolist
Apr 9, 2006
Merritt Island
Name
Dean
Boat
F/V Bank Robber
...that stopped me in Alamitos bay this afternoon. I was pumping ghost shrimp with my 11 year old daughter when he stopped and checked us. I won't go into detail, but should have thanked him for being so professional, courteous, and understanding. He was a very nice young man and deserves some recognition. I really do regret not letting him know that I appreciated the manner in which he handled the situation.
LOL You scared me for a minute I thought it was going to be another one of those threads...

Thanks for sharing!

Zombie

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 21, 2006
Lake Havasu City (AZ)
Name
Randy
Boat
Bennington
Kevin,
It wouldn't be that hard to track him down if you so desired. If nothing else you could write a good-guy letter and send it to the DFG Headquarters. They will get it to him and put it in his file.

Edgard

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 15, 2008
Murrieta
Name
Edgard
Boat
Sold it sorry-
Kevin,
It wouldn't be that hard to track him down if you so desired. If nothing else you could write a good-guy letter and send it to the DFG Headquarters. They will get it to him and put it in his file.
Agreed, it will also reinforce his attitude toward others. Also, I'm sure that he'll appreciate it since DFG is a thankless job.

Mfish618

Sea Reaper
Jun 5, 2007
San Diego/ Westport Wa.
Name
Mike
Boat
19 FT. Searay, 17 ft Champion
By all means make sure he gets the ''atta boy'' he deserves. My experience with F&G wardens the last several years has been similar; polite and professional.To often all they receive is complaints. I make it a point to thank them and express my support every time I'm checked. It seems to be a thankless job, but thank God they are there.