muledeer07

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 30, 2008
USA
Name
Wade
Boat
None
Are these even available. The stocks screws are too short to mount my cork puppy on my rod I just need a longer screw. Help please

mike1010

Feb 17, 2013
SUMMIT
Name
Michael
Boat
none
Try your local Ace Hardware for stainless screws of the right size. Ace has a surprisingly big selection of fasteners.

Reactions: SouthBayKiller

SouthBayKiller

Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
Yep, just take your short bolt and the nut down to Ace, I found some similar longer ones that work great for me.

muledeer07

Jun 30, 2008
USA
Name
Wade
Boat
None
No I'm not putting the stock clamp on top of the Cork puppy. But I will admit a mistake I made especially since everyone is so willing to help around here. I actually need shorter stud screws on the reel clamp instead of longer. Dumb mistake. But I will definitely try Ace for those as well. Thank you all so much.

Rex_SD

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 12, 2005
San Diego
Name
Rex
Boat
Bayrunner 20 ft, Davis Bahia 25 ft
I had the same problem when I used the Cork Puppy with my 25N. I just used my dremel to cut the stud screws a little shorter. If you want to buy a shorter stud, try Marshall’s Industrial Hardware at 8423 Production Ave in San Diego just off Miramar Rd. They have one of the largest selections in the San Diego area.

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
Sep 9, 2010
SouthBay SF
Name
The Kid
Boat
Aquasport 222 FFV
Same issue on an Avet JX. The studs screw into real body with 1/4-20. I just pulled studs and used right size SHCS with flat and lock washer.

Studs might be same on your reel. If so, easy fix. Just make sure you count the turns or threads in reel body. I over tightened one and it deformed reel body making it hit spool. Nothing that permanently damaged the reel. Just an inconvenience and a learning point.