I need help! (Really sorry not a report)

Yellowtl_addict

Almost A Member
  • Mar 23, 2012
    Oceanside, California Us
    Name
    Sean Doyle
    Boat
    Seafox 248 Commander
    I'm in a pickle guys. Taking some buddies Saturday from work on my boat to try and put them on some yellows. I want to stay in U.S. waters. Is anything showing in LJ, north 9, or even off of oceanside? All I seem to be reading is 150 everything!! Brings me to my next question. I'm not familiar with areas farther north as I live in San Diego. What is the closest ramp to the 150, and how far off is it? Sorry for the dumb questions.... Just want to try and find these guys the right kind for their first trip!!! Thanks for any help!

Upvote 0

estary

a-fish-io-nado
    Aug 30, 2011
    long beach ca usa
    Name
    Eduardo
    Boat
    arima sea ranger FISH OPS
    Upon careful examination reports on this site reflect more than the 150. There is yt everywhere not worth the drive to lb unless you enjoy fishing in a true SoCal parking lot. If you do come out have patience with the all the ignorance that comes with it. Could be frustrating. Just saying:D

Reactions: Yellowtl_addict
    Upvote 0

Yellowtl_addict

Almost A Member
  • Mar 23, 2012
    Oceanside, California Us
    Name
    Sean Doyle
    Boat
    Seafox 248 Commander
    Upon careful examination reports on this site reflect more than the 150. There is yt everywhere not worth the drive to lb unless you enjoy fishing in a true SoCal parking lot. If you do come out have patience with the all the ignorance that comes with it. Could be frustrating. Just saying:D

Kinda what I was worried about. Not into that! Thanks! I think I'll hunt around oceanside a bit.

Upvote 0

GOFAST88

WORKHARD-FISHHARD
    Sep 8, 2012
    Murrieta
    Name
    Tyler
    Boat
    14' Livingston
    I would Stay away from that mess. head North 3 to 5 miles off the beach, look for birds or kelps. or hit the 9.

Upvote 0

Reel Em In

Old Camudgen
    Mar 31, 2003
    Anaheim
    Name
    Jorel
    Boat
    2320 Parker
    If you were to come North, the closest / best ramp is called Davies launch in Alamitos Bay. see below
    upload_2015-6-17_6-36-34.png

But, I agree with all the other guys. Its a zoo up here, especially on the weekends.

Upvote 0