@-EZ

Fail, try again.
Apr 9, 2007
San Diego, CA.
Name
Max
Boat
Trophy Pro, @-EZ
Not sure how it occurred, but alas, it's there.

San Diego bay to the 302ish to the 371ish to the 425 ish and up through the trough.

302: beautiful water at 70.9.

As I headed S/SW it got colder, down to 68.3.

It appears as though I committed the ultimate no no, never leave fish to find fish.

Guilty as charged!

BTW, don't care, it was fucking awesome to be back on the water!!!

That's my non-catching report for today.

Edit: were others killing BFT, YFT, Huge fucking YT and Dodo's? Why yes, yes they were.

Upvote 0

boxerman

F/V The Gina Marie
Feb 16, 2006
San Marcos
Name
Sean
Boat
F/V The Gina Marie SEA FOX Commander 226
Dont worry Max I have had three fucking warm up offshore trips in June alone, drove right over them!

Reactions: @-EZ
Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
Holy moly..... you know better than that...LOL.... sometimes it's just t be out there....look at the good side no blood to clean or fish to clean.....
were you trolling or running and guning ?

Reactions: @-EZ
Upvote 0

Hardcor

Hardcore
Jun 8, 2014
Hardcore
www.youtube.com
Name
Hardcore
Boat
Hardcore
I can feel your pain. I had delusions of grandeur before we left only to come back wearing the biggest helmet and stinking like a skinky skunked old shitty man should. I feel ashamed of my self so many people were killing it.

Upvote 0

@-EZ

Fail, try again.
Apr 9, 2007
San Diego, CA.
Name
Max
Boat
Trophy Pro, @-EZ
[QUOTE="gecsr1, post: 3815199, member: 7Nada.]Holy moly..... you know better than that...LOL.... sometimes it's just t be out there....look at the good side no blood to clean or fish to clean.....
were you trolling or running and guning ?
[/QUOTE]

Trolling, no birds, no breaking fish, nada. Make no mistake, their there. Fuckin full moon. They were deep, I/everyone else, could see them on the sounders, I just wasn't at the right place at the right time when they decided to come up and play.

Oh well, next time.

Reactions: gecsr1
Upvote 0

Simon Bon Bowery

Lizard Fish Hippie
Feb 18, 2007
O'side
Name
Simon
Boat
Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"
Next time Max,
Heard you guy's working way south of us.. Sounded like it was hit or miss down there....

Oh yeah here's what they look like.. :D

IMG_20150703_142723.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
I've had pneumonia for 7 weeks. Wanna trade? :D

Upvote 0

I'M OFF

Really off
Jul 12, 2007
On the deck
Name
Tommy
Boat
You need to take notes. That's what someone once told me yesterday good buddy. So I did take some notes and it worked

Upvote 0

GOFAST88

WORKHARD-FISHHARD
Sep 8, 2012
Murrieta
Name
Tyler
Boat
14' Livingston
Good talking with you on the water today( Tyler on my Dad's boat sticky biz 3) ! Welcome back. Rough day for us as well... consistently right place wrong time. Almost put on the helmet as well.... but slow trolled for a 25# YT off Int. nat. reef on the way in. 115ish miles & 35 to 45 troll miles... for nada. Saw one mark and a football maybe bonita hit surface. humbling

Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
as long as the helmet has no ear side hand holds you're excused

Reactions: I'M OFF
Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Thanks for the report.
I thought we sucked only getting 3 Yf today.Lots and lots of life 5 miles NW of 425.We saw more fish breaking the surface doing aerials than Ive seen in a while.Hard to get them to go when they are focused in on those saurys.
Once the fish have eaten its all over,all 3 fish were immediately gutted and all bellies were packed full.
Heard lots of people catching on the radio today.

No bait fish rapalas and cedar.

Upvote 0

Bigpondonly

Bloodydecks Seafood Co.
Dec 7, 2003
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
Parker 2120
Heard you on the radio today Max. I had same luck as you, with the bright side being it much easier to clean the boat. Next time.

Upvote 0

Minions

Almost A Member
Oct 11, 2012
Murrieta, CA
Name
Daniel
Boat
Minion
Same here, hoped on my buddy's boat. Trolled the nine to the 226. Then trolled back to mission bay when it started to blow. one yt off a mac, that was it.

Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
I thought we sucked only getting 3 YFT....all near the 302.

All blind strikes on xraps. Went thru the drill (chum, baits out, etc.) each time but couldn't
Get them to go...

I had to quit calling out "good marks under us" to the crew by about 10 am......the fish are everywhere out there!

Next time Max.....

Upvote 0

Triggerfish

Mar 17, 2004
So. California
Name
Robert
Boat
26' Diesel Radoncraft Flybridge
The season is young and you had a good day on the water. Keep at it. Thanks for the report.

Upvote 0

D-spot

Fishing....... Where You're Not.......
May 21, 2008
Diego
Name
Ray
Boat
23' Neptune CC "Non-Stop"
Trolling, no birds, no breaking fish, nada. Make no mistake, their there. Fuckin full moon. They were deep, I/everyone else, could see them on the sounders, I just wasn't at the right place at the right time when they decided to come up and play.

Oh well, next time.

You're not alone Max. Heard you on the radio looking around the same areas we were in most of the day .. We did the exact same thing for the same end result.. Had GREAT Bait but nothing to use it on.....118 miles for Nada...Next time we'll get em...

BTW... Heard you on the radio mentioning the Negative Tide and Time... Thanks for that. Was a Good Day to pull the boat out a bit later.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gil Marlin

World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator
Nov 27, 2003
Laguna Percebu Baja Norte
Name
Scott
Boat
19.655' Aluminum
Max, that's what happens when you invite someone fishing and then bail on them... I needed to get all my gear ready sometime anyway, so I owe you for that... :D

Upvote 0

aguachico

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
Max;
there's a lot of fish out there. I'm still learning how to get them in the boat. Some guys got are getting a lot of fish, most are only getting 1-2 per rod. We got two yesterday lost one.

I had to quit calling out "good marks under us" to the crew by about 10 am......the fish are everywhere out there!

Mike;
Had this school ignore everything we threw at them. Left them as I couldn't take it anymore. Back in the same area two hours later only to find them biting for everyone!

arches1.jpg

arches2.jpg

Upvote 0