I hate going out to dinner these days!!! MANNERS!!

Discussion in 'Nonsense Anything Boards' started by Blackfish, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Blackfish

Blackfish Fishing, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Name:
    Rotus
    Boat:
    50' Hatteras and 24' cuddy
    I went out to a restaurant with my family.....I new it was a mistake..

What is wrong with people these days..

They bring their kids to a restaurant and let them run all over the place....chasing each other around and under the table, laying on the floors, getting in the way fo the service staff....screaming accross the rooms, running up the walkways,

Cell phones ringing, people text messageing, talking on the phone,

Can't people just sit the "F" down, and eat dinner, talk to the people who came with you, not the distraction on th phone.

Parents, keep your f-ing kids at the table, it's not a play ground......for fuck sake, be a parent, and smack your kid up side it's head when they have a fit at the table.....

Ok, :hali_blablalba:, I feel better.

Ok one more thing...DOESN"T ANYONE EAT WITH THIER MOUTH SHUT ANYMORE.....punch of cow smacking pigs:hali_blablalba::nutkick::imdumb::finger:

2. goldminer

goldminer Newbie

Name:
    Jack
    Boat:
    a vessel / a craft designed for water transportation which carries seamen
    :appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl: I must agree 100% with you Mike

3. aaronj

aaronj wannabe fisherman

Name:
    aaron
    Boat:
    none
    I concur, 100%.

Aaron

4. Bottom Line

Bottom Line Village idiot

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    Invader CC - Bottom Line
    Daughter is turning 18 in 3 months so I gave up but every time we are out for dinner a good portion of the time she is texting - it's really fucking annoying and downright rude IMO.

5. Chas'n Tails

Chas'n Tails Newbie

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    Makin Trax
    What about when your out with somebody and their cell phone rings and they answer it? WTF I feel like just getting up and leaving!

6. fishnbuddy

fishnbuddy Member

Name:
    Junior
    :Beat_Them You tell'em Mike! I will beat my kids ass if they wants to act stupid in a restraunt. They better sit there, and color in that damn kids menu. If you want to get up or get loud...well thats the signal for the ass beating to commence!
    ...fishnbuddy

7. Burnt

Burnt Almost a fisherman

Name:
    Joe
    Boat:
    Boatless - and lovin it
    we hardly try any more. it is a real pain in the ass going to dinner with a 1 year old and a 2 1/2 year old. we eat as fast as we can to get the hell out of there, have our credit card sitting on the table waiting for the waitress and make sure to bring lots of toys & crayons. sometimes there is nothing you can do if they start having a meltdown so i just take em outside.

it is a real bitch getting kids to sit in a chair for 45 - 60 minutes. the ipod video is great for the 2 yr old. people look at us kind of funny when we break it out but the waitresses all say it is the best thing they have seen at a restaurant.

one word for dinner with the kids - Souplantation.

8. Jig Strike

Jig Strike . . . new and improved

Name:
    Glenn
    Boat:
    Ho Ho Ho
    Hey, it's McDonalds... what do you expect?........:rofl:

Seriously though, I never acted like that as a kid. I knew better.
    I don't remember being threatened or beat, just consistent rule enforcement.

9. Chas'n Tails

Chas'n Tails Newbie

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    Makin Trax
    When I grew up kids were to be seen and not heard. And we didn't have electronic toys. We were expected to sit up, eat and listen to the grown ups or your ass was in the car. No questions asked. What happen?

10. PHOTOG

PHOTOG Voted "best Elitest"

Name:
    Jesse
    Boat:
    divorce ate them...
    Kids are kids dude, beating the shit out of em only makes for the worse.

Sorry, Cant agree with you on all of this, if you dont like the gig then go home or eat at a restaurant designated for adult dining. I have been to fine restaurants where kids would be frowned upon and then there are family joints, but I have the feeling you were at a family oriented restaraunt and not the latter...soo, where were you at?

11. Chas'n Tails

Chas'n Tails Newbie

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    Makin Trax
    Regardless of where you are, it all comes down to respect and manners. That is what should be taught at a young age.

12. Mark66

Mark66 Member

Name:
    Mark
    Boat:
    27' Cat
    Brother Mike, I feel your pain! Sure kids are kids..... and manners are manners. I don't expect a three year old to have mastered patience but I do expect the 30 year old to stay off the fuckin phone or take it outside, and I don't even want to get started on the bad table manners, I must have missed the memo when it became ok and cool to chew and talk with your mouth open..:imdumb:

13. Burnt

Burnt Almost a fisherman

Name:
    Joe
    Boat:
    Boatless - and lovin it
    good luck getting that accomplished with toddlers!

14. PHOTOG

PHOTOG Voted "best Elitest"

Name:
    Jesse
    Boat:
    divorce ate them...
    Okay,...come teach my youngest these things then. makes no sense, of course kids should learn respect but they should learn it through watching their respectful parents (lead by example). they wont learn respect from a smack on the face. It comes with time.

I Do agree completely about the cell photes and stuff, like the kids that sit thru the whole meal playing a video game or something...whats the point of "family time" if you dont interact?

15. tylerderdan

tylerderdan Stay classy San diego

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    215cc triumph "Unforgiven"
    I think it sucks you had a bad experience Mike, but a lot parents just don't teach their kids how to eat out, or don't do it enough to make it a good experience. We have three kids, a one year old an almost 3 year old and a six old. We have been taking them out to eat their entire lives, and they know how to act because of it. Sure we have some bad nights, but most of the time we have people around us telling us how well they behave, even managers from time to time will comment on it. I just wish it was that good at home also, hey one can wish right. My point is, that it does take some getting used to, but taking kids out to eat is fun and gets them ready for experiences later in life and certainly adds some diversity to the duldrums of being a kid.

16. Saluki

Saluki .

Name:
    Mika Tan
    Boat:
    "MoorZilla"
    Ya my kids are a little wild aren't they?
    I do get alot of phone calls huh?
    Wifezilla has eaten like that since the day I met her, sorry.
    But, hey....... it was great meeting you. :D

17. dougiestyle

dougiestyle Newbie

Name:
    doug havlusch
    Boat:
    19' trophy 1902 wa green
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. ?? fisherman

?? fisherman super Captain

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Kencraft CC
    Whoa Whooa Whooooooa!!!!

I just got home from work and read this and I gotta tell you Jesse you are way far off on this one brother!! No disrespect meant, but if you need someone toi come teach your kids this as you just stated then you are the one falling behind in your parenting duties!

Since when did it become ok or acceptable to let kids romp around, yell and scream and basically get in the way and create problems for workers as well as making a nice evening out with your family or significant other a plain drag! This is exactly the problem nowadays, people are afraid to give a kid a little ole fashioned disipline for doing something wrong. Well guess what? when you give a few spanking (NOT BEATINGS, Big difference) eventually the child will learn that there are consequences to be had for doing things wrong and what happens is you WONT have to keep disipiling them.

Everybody now is so fricken afraid to lay a hand on a kid because someone may consider it child abuse, what a crock! Disipline and child abuse are two entirely different things, and a little smack on the backside can do wonders in teaching right from wrong.

I am not sitting here saying a spanking is always the proper thing to do, and to be very honest my little girl (5 yrs) has seen very few spanking in her entire life (less than 10). Most kids have entirely little to no respect for elders and people around them nowadays due to soft parenting!!

Grow some balls and quit letting them run ya, cause if you dont squash it now then they are going to be in control of you before you know it, and hopefully they are not already.

This hits a nerve big time as I CANT STAND when people cant and dont control their kids!!!!!

Thanks for starting this post Blackfish.

PS: Jesse, I just read that you mentioned a smack in the face. I am totally with you on that one, as no child IMO deserves or should get a smack in the face!

The unknown fisherman:p:

19. Kurt

Kurt Mistadobalina

Name:
    Kurt
    Boat:
    %%%%%
    Keepin my pimp hand strong.

My kids behave :D

20. roxfisher

roxfisher Newbie

Name:
    Roxanne Swift
    Boat:
    not yet
    Gotta agree with keeping the kids in line. I am a parent and a grandparent. NO MATTER what the age of the child if they are disruptive, LEAVE.
    YOU as a parent do not have the right to have your children and your issues disrupt anothers evening meal.
    When I was a kid and acted up, yes, got a swat on the ass, BUT we also left the establishment.
    What right do you have to say "I can't control what the kids do" and allow me to have to deal with it.
    If you want a night out, and you cannot control your kids, BABYSITTER.
    If I have to leave because my grandkids are acting up, better than than disrespect the entire restaurant.
    And for the teens with the cell phone? SHUT IT OFF. You are paying the bill, they can wait.