I found the right one this time, SMB, 6/7/2019.

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
Launched @ Marina Del Rey, and WE headed down south to pick up some nice Sardines @ Redondo Bait. Fished the corner for 2 quick drifts for nothing, and then headed across the bay 18 miles. Finally managed the right kind at 11:45 AM, a 33 pound Halibut.

Been trying to add the PIC, but it keeps saying the PIC is too large and it's been shrunk down to 50KB. I have new home computers and a new iPhone . . . no fucking idea what's going on, shot Jason the PIC maybe he can add?

Details

Again, caught on a 3-way swivel with a Spanish Mackerel for bait, 30# mainline, 30# leader, 64 feet deep, 62 degree water, drifting speed .7 knots which for me is the optimal drifting speed, no drift sock out, violent hit with the fish inhaling the bait, lots of Grunion still swimming around post last morning of Grunion-run, nice uphill current, water color Halibut green, water clarity Thresher brown tinge, lot's of bait all over SMB, not as many Porpoise but they're still around chasing fin bait with some crazy acrobatics thrown in, bagged and froze all the sardines in preparation ROCK Halibut season.

Added 2nd PIC 6/9 1312 PM

IMG_0028.jpg

Last edited:

MikesOcean

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 23, 2011
San Pedro
www.marinabaywatch.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Therapist
Congrats. That’s badass.

The picture problem is not because of you.
I’ve been trying to post a report up too but it says image is too large. Never had a problem before.

Again, congrats. Hellava Fish

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
Apr 22, 2013
Huntington Beach
Name
Mike
Boat
2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
I never get tired of reports with 30+ pound flatties. That's a trophy fish all the way. Congrats. Would love to see the pics.

Steveo77

Steveo77
Apr 22, 2012
Rancho Cucamonga CA
Name
Steve
Boat
Grumpy
Congrats on the flattie.
That picture think has happened to me before. What I did was screenshot my pic, then posted the screenshot. For some reason that worked.
Looking forward to seeing the big butt

Carpfisher

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
Jul 3, 2012
Carpinteria
Name
Paul
Boat
226 Cabo Cuddycon, 16' Bayrunner
Congratulations, I just found out what one looks like also.
Lots of meat on those big girls.

Eatmorfish

Livin' on borrowed time
Sep 16, 2015
Upland, CA
Name
John
Boat
2018 234 Mako CC
I love big butts!!! The server is back up, you can post pictures.