RodRage

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
I’ve driven by it quite a few times in the last couple of weeks but today while pulling my boat out for maintenance I had to walk from Launch to my slip and took a good hard look, this boat is breathtaking the pictures don’t do it justice.

Attachments

Reactions: sush1allday

RodRage

Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman

RodRage

Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
As I said... best of wishes getting what you want. I remember always wanting a 18ft Montauk... ended up with a 80ft vessel and bills instead. One day though.
Well then BEST WISHES to you on getting your Montauk some day sir, Im a dreamer but also believe in hard work and perseverance, Follow your dreams I say!

KINGSIZE

On The Bow
Jul 9, 2010
Simi Valley
Name
Robert
Boat
Searcher
Does it come with a detailing crew after a days fishing?

tuner

pysgotwyr
May 24, 2006
Huntington Beach
Name
Steve
Boat
260 Mackinaw
I like the Cutwater design, far from a perfect fishing platform but a good mix for family fun.

I think the egg beaters ruin the design. The single diesel inboard version is the one you want, the 28 is super efficient and surprisingly fast, the 30CB is a big step up in size and $$.

Reactions: joe pimentel

DOGHOUSE26

Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Visit site
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
I got on one at the fred hall. SUPER nice inside, Id take it.

I think its was $350K
Yep $368,000 as shown at the Show. You can buy alot of used boats double the length for $368,000 right now. And I just can't see you pulling hoops over that nice new gelcoat!

Reactions: pacificscout

RodRage

Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
In reality I wouldn’t want anything near that, i’m a sloppy old Fisherman and love the boat I have, gonna keep it and upgrade as I can afford but it is nice to dream .....

Attachments

Reactions: ZZZZZ

MYNomad

Heading South
Dec 12, 2007
Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
Name
Rick
Boat
Yes
It sure looks like the hull is notched along the starboard side waterline. In the first pic, the notches look like they could be graphics or shadows, but the bunk and daylight can be seen in the second picture. Is that an optical illusion or is there some purpose to notches? My concern about a boat like that would be range, at least for so cal use. If you are going to bring along a cabin like that, you better have the range to go long and stay out for a few days.

I just looked at it on the Cutwater website. The hull does appear to have notches. They say "Our patented Laminar Flow Interrupters allow for smooth, positive cornering."

Only 300 gallons of fuel for a 12,000 pound boat. I wish they showed some performance specs.

Last edited:

makairaa

May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
It sure looks like the hull is notched along the starboard side waterline. In the first pic, the notches look like they could be graphics or shadows, but the bunk and daylight can be seen in the second picture. Is that an optical illusion or is there some purpose to notches? My concern about a boat like that would be range, at least for so cal use. If you are going to bring along a cabin like that, you better have the range to go long and stay out for a few days.

I just looked at it on the Cutwater website. The hull does appear to have notches. They say "Our patented Laminar Flow Interrupters allow for smooth, positive cornering."

Only 300 gallons of fuel for a 12,000 pound boat. I wish they showed some performance specs.
There are notches. They are designed to introduce bubbles under the hull to help lift it out of the water while at speed. Most of the newer fast boats have something similar. Look at the hulls on the new larger center consoles. Supposedly makes them more efficient.

SSUfish

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 14, 2006
San Diego
Name
Eric
Boat
n/a
I got on one at the fred hall. SUPER nice inside, Id take it.

I think its was $350K
They are really, really beautiful boats. There was a time the gf and I were joking about a live-aboard boat and when she got on this, she half considered it. Solar, cooking, a/c, two separate berths...if it weren't for how much slip fees would have been, as well as depreciation, what a fun time that would have been.

Trayscool

Captain
Sep 26, 2008
Long Beach
www.skipjackmafia.com
Name
Travis
Boat
NO BOATS
They are really, really beautiful boats. There was a time the gf and I were joking about a live-aboard boat and when she got on this, she half considered it. Solar, cooking, a/c, two separate berths...if it weren't for how much slip fees would have been, as well as depreciation, what a fun time that would have been.
We would kill each other on a 30 foot boat. Id need at least 60'+

Reactions: pacificscout