Fucking Stan
Nov 19, 2003
Anaheim
bdoutdoors.com
Name
chuck
Boat
No
Sad to say but I fucked up pretty good today. I had told styxchaser I would meet him at the Cerritos swap meet to buy a rod and maybe a reel or two Sunday morning at 0930.

But I have had some medical issues in the past 4 weeks and have had 3 surgeries. Just like this morning I find myself awake and in pain.

So I took a couple of pills and went back to sleep. I completely blew off the appointment and woke up at 1100.

I tried calling him but he was on the way home to Ojai......and probably not very happy with me. I told him I would drive to him....but he was done with me.

Anybody who knows me would tell you I honor my word. I would never do this to someone. Ever.

I apologise styxchaser. Sincerely. Let me know how I can fix this.

Chuck

Reel Stamas

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 20, 2010
PCB, FL.
Name
Dr. John
Boat
27' Stamas- Reel Stamas
All you can do is apologize... Shit Happens... I'd probably be somewhat pissed too, but I'd probably get over it (esp. if you're trying to make it right)

Last edited:

marlyn

Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
Your good chuckie,None of us are perfect and you tried to make it right.

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Sad to say but I fucked up pretty good today. I had told styxchaser I would meet him at the Cerritos swap meet to buy a rod and maybe a reel or two Sunday morning at 0930.

But I have had some medical issues in the past 4 weeks and have had 3 surgeries. Just like this morning I find myself awake and in pain.

So I took a couple of pills and went back to sleep. I completely blew off the appointment and woke up at 1100.

I tried calling him but he was on the way home to Ojai......and probably not very happy with me. I told him I would drive to him....but he was done with me.

Anybody who knows me would tell you I honor my word. I would never do this to someone. Ever.

I apologise styxchaser. Sincerely. Let me know how I can fix this.

Chuck
Chuck, are you still dealing with foot issues?

Yellowtail Dan

Apr 10, 2006
Roseville Ca
Name
Dan
Boat
Excel, American Angler
I don’t think there is anything to be forgiven for here. You have to take care of yourself and your health first, without that there’s no point in buying anything

If he can’t accept that then it’s on him. I wouldn’t want to buy from someone that handles things like that. Props to you for going above and beyond to make it right. Get well

titan05

Pelagic Terminator
Apr 7, 2004
San Diego North County
Name
Jim
Boat
Chelsea Rae
Sheldon will be okay but Dusty and Cricket might be pissed for awhile...they thought you were bringing treats. Send some Milkbones in the mail to them and all will be forgiven.....it's a fishing rod for cryin out loud and like Dan said your health comes first...take it from the cardiac kid :)

styxchaser

VERY OLD GUY
Jun 1, 2005
OJAI, CA
Name
STYX
Boat
HAPPILY NONE
I am not upset with Chuck. I understand that things happen and have spoken to him. He seems like a good guy and this is a "no harm, no foul" situation. Chuck is far more upset about this than I am. It will all work out.

TO CHUCK. Please don't worry about this. I am a senior and have been having recent health problems myself that I finally figured out are side affects from my BP medication. I left a message on your phone last night and will call you again later.

titan05

Pelagic Terminator
Apr 7, 2004
San Diego North County
Name
Jim
Boat
Chelsea Rae
I gotta tell ya this getting old with health problems SUCKS but glad things worked out.....now about those dog treats ;)

Reactions: aguachico

styxchaser

VERY OLD GUY
Jun 1, 2005
OJAI, CA
Name
STYX
Boat
HAPPILY NONE
I am sorry if Chuck thought I was "done with him" when he called me on my way home from Cerritos, but I was a passenger in a friend's truck and couldn't turn back to meet him. Also couldn't hear very well over the others talking.

mike mitchell

Jul 25, 2017
San Diego
Name
Michael Mitchell
Boat
20 Bertram
Ojai is not that far
From where? I lived in the Ojai/Ventura area for over 20 years and will probably retire to that area. So let me tell you that is really far and you should not travel, visit, stay or move there. Soule Park is not big enough for all your dogs.

styxchaser

VERY OLD GUY
Jun 1, 2005
OJAI, CA
Name
STYX
Boat
HAPPILY NONE
CHUCK

If you are in Anaheim it is about 120 miles to Ojai. I don't want you to drive that far for a fishing rod if you are not well. If you still want the rod, when you are feeling okay let me know and we can work something out like maybe meeting in the SFV.

Styx

And YES I will hold the rod for you unless I hear otherwise from you.

Last edited:

rdrrm8e

Fucking Stan
Nov 19, 2003
Anaheim
bdoutdoors.com
Name
chuck
Boat
No
Alright man.....then we are good. Sorry to make it sound like you were pissed. I didn't mean that. We will hook up soon.

But again I apologise for not showing up.

And thanks for all the OG support from the peanut gallery....... It's been a tough month

Reactions: marlyn

styxchaser

VERY OLD GUY
Jun 1, 2005
OJAI, CA
Name
STYX
Boat
HAPPILY NONE
Hey Chuck

Don't feel any pressure about the rod. It's yours and I'll hold it indefinitely for you. I'm going to mark the thread as sold, but it is to you. I'll also set aside a couple of those reels in case you decide you want those.

All is good. We both just have to get over our ailments.

Styx

aguachico

Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
I gotta tell ya this getting old with health problems SUCKS but glad things worked out.....now about those dog treats ;)
Ain't that the truth. Got tomorrow off to fish, got back spasms from yesterday's slugfest at the butterfly. Youth is wasted on the young

Reactions: embo