I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Visit site
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
It will be years before any weapons are banned? Try buying a Glock 41 in .45ACP or the newer Gen 5 Glocks in California and tell me about guns being banned from sale in the Peoples Republic of California. As a military veteran what happened to our right to keep and bear arms?
Check the facts before you bitch at me; you can't buy a new Gen 4 or 5 Glock from a dealer but you can buy and possess a used one already in the state either in a private party transfer or from a Law Enforcement Officer who didn't want it anymore. Or if purchased legally in another state they can be bought in as well. As we all know California will make it harder and harder to buy guns in the future with idiotic regulations like microstamping which can be defeated easily. But as far as banning and confiscating the guns we already have, it will be years before that happens maybe a generation if Trump gets another Supreme Court pick. Other than the Bump Stock Ban recently enacted, what sensible measures have been taken to protect our kids in school?

Paparockcal

Old Dude
May 22, 2016
Whites Canyon Rd., Canyon Country
Name
Rocky Latham
Boat
N/A Now But I had a 21ft Gulf Coast when I lived on the mainland near Galveston, Texas
Check the facts before you bitch at me; you can't buy a new Gen 4 or 5 Glock from a dealer but you can buy and possess a used one already in the state either in a private party transfer or from a Law Enforcement Officer who didn't want it anymore. Or if purchased legally in another state they can be bought in as well. As we all know California will make it harder and harder to buy guns in the future with idiotic regulations like microstamping which can be defeated easily. But as far as banning and confiscating the guns we already have, it will be years before that happens maybe a generation if Trump gets another Supreme Court pick. Other than the Bump Stock Ban recently enacted, what sensible measures have been taken to protect our kids in school?

I was not "bitching at you". I was pointing out as I found out; I could not legally buy a new Glock 41 from a dealer in this anti-gun state. They also have retroactively made my 13 round mags for the .45 ACP firearm (I carried when I had a CCW in another state) I had when I moved into CA years ago a crime to possess despite the fact they were legal when purchased and brought into CA.

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
Only 9 states have background checks, in those states the including Calif they are very effective in keeping guns out of the hands of people that shouldn't have them. However if you live in Arizona I can get any gun anytime I want. So the age old argument of "we have laws on the books now" is irrelevant.

just to be clear.....in arizona, a arizona resident can walk into any gun store, buy a guy and take posession of it without a federal background check? is that correct?

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
I get what your saying but your talking about minor infractions compared to murder on a mass scale. As someone standing in the middle of the debate, all I'm looking for is some common sense gun control. Back round checks. registration, no one under 21 or someone with a mental illness should be allowed to own a gun until they can prove there competency. As far as the assult weapons ban not sure if that is going to change anything if you look at the numbers before and after. This study was done in 2013, things have changed since then but how much is really the question.
https://www.factcheck.org/2013/02/did-the-1994-assault-weapons-ban-work/
according to USNEWS a source that is generally accepted as " leans liberal", ranked the states by property crime and violent crime per capita. almost always, the states with the loosest gun laws, have the lower crime rate, by especially when it comes to violent crime. it would seem the more armed citizens there are the less violent crime.
heres the link. do your own research.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/crime-and-corrections/public-safety

DOGHOUSE26

Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Visit site
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
I was not "bitching at you". I was pointing out as I found out; I could not legally buy a new Glock 41 from a dealer in this anti-gun state. They also have retroactively made my 13 round mags for the .45 ACP firearm (I carried when I had a CCW in another state) I had when I moved into CA years ago a crime to possess despite the fact they were legal when purchased and brought into CA.
Now it doesn't matter where or when you acquired your High Cap Magazines; you can possess them however once you plug them into your Firearm its a Felony. My Uncle Mike Holsters have an extra magazine pouch on the front of the holster; I keep a 10 round magazine in my Glocks with the 16-18 round magazines in the holder. If I ever have to use the first eleven rounds at once, a felony will be the last thing I'll worry about.

Blackfish

Sep 20, 2005
Monroeville
Name
Boat
toy
just to be clear.....in arizona, a arizona resident can walk into any gun store, buy a guy and take posession of it without a federal background check? is that correct?
No, you still have to be checked by National Instant Criminal Background Check System. Unlike Ca., there is no 10 day waiting period (also called the "cooling off" period). At the time of purchase, you will be either approved, or denied, or delayed for up to 72hrs.

Paparockcal

Old Dude
May 22, 2016
Whites Canyon Rd., Canyon Country
Name
Rocky Latham
Boat
N/A Now But I had a 21ft Gulf Coast when I lived on the mainland near Galveston, Texas
Now it doesn't matter where or when you acquired your High Cap Magazines; you can possess them however once you plug them into your Firearm its a Felony. My Uncle Mike Holsters have an extra magazine pouch on the front of the holster; I keep a 10 round magazine in my Glocks with the 16-18 round magazines in the holder. If I ever have to use the first eleven rounds at once, a felony will be the last thing I'll worry about.

The point is CA is an anti-gun and anti-gun owner state. Also the 10 rd. mag law as I understand was appealed but now has been affirmed so that the mere possession makes you a criminal. Maybe someone more up to date or who's job it is to enforce this law in California can chime in with the latest update on this. I don't trust news reports only as they often get the facts off by some degree. Either way, it is one thing to pass a new law and another to make it retroactive to every one no matter how long they legally possessed their magazines.

Having held a CCW in another state and carried a firearm most of my life legally I guess I have to say it somewhat sticks in my craw that I can't even qualify to apply in L.A. County for a concealed carry permit.

Also:
Federal Court Upholds California High-Capacity Magazine Ban - http://www.hometownstation.com/sant...-california-high-capacity-magazine-ban-221165

California law allowing seizure of guns without notice begins - https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/dec/29/california-gun-violence-restraining-order-law-goin/

A Look at California Gun Laws, Among the Toughest in the Nation - https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/08/us/california-gun-laws.html

Californians Get the Gun Confiscating Government They Deserve… and That’s Deadly - https://gunsinthenews.com/californi...ing-government-they-deserve-and-thats-deadly/

Last edited:

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
No, you still have to be checked by National Instant Criminal Background Check System. Unlike Ca., there is no 10 day waiting period (also called the "cooling off" period). At the time of purchase, you will be either approved, or denied, or delayed for up to 72hrs.
i was hoping lasparky would reply, so he could learn that there are background checks. even in arizona. but i should ad..... the states in america with the lowest violent crime rate are the ones with the least restrictive gun laws. link shows states rated per capita and in 2 groups, property crime, and violent crime. https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/crime-and-corrections/public-safety

DOGHOUSE26

Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Visit site
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
Texas is the same way; you pay for the gun, they make a call to the government agency, thet hang up and tell you you're good to go and you're on your way.

Reactions: jer dog

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....

Jim n cali

May 12, 2012
TEXAS
Name
Jim
Boat
None
In good Ol Texas you can purchase a gun at a yard sale. Driveway, Parking lot, or at a local gun store and still be done and shooting it in 15 minutes. Or go pig hunting for free!

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
If it does, imagine how money was wasted on featureless rifles.
Ridiculous amounts!! But at least most can be changed back :)

In good Ol Texas you can purchase a gun at a yard sale. Driveway, Parking lot, or at a local gun store and still be done and shooting it in 15 minutes. Or go pig hunting for free!
Rub it in... At least I can say nobody I know voted for these dumb laws.

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
well i can tell you the typical line of thinking is you'll bring cali politics with you. STICKBASS rest assured, bob will fit right in.