Go Fishing!
Jun 3, 2003
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
Parker 2310
I don’t carry a gun to kill people.

I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don’t carry a gun to scare people.

I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m paranoid.

I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m evil.

I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don’t carry a gun because I hate the government.

I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m angry.

I carry a gun so that I don’t have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don’t carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.

I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m a cowboy.

I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don’t carry a gun to make me feel like a man.

I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don’t carry a gun because I feel inadequate.

I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don’t carry a gun because I love it.

I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police protection is an oxymoron.

Free citizens must protect themselves.

Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I’m too young to die and too old to take a butt whoopin’.

Bigeasy

yeah, yeah!
Jun 18, 2008
Vallejo, CA
Name
Eric W.
Boat
Tunacious 238 Coastal Twin 150-E
:Smoke_Emoticon:I don't carry a gun. I'm dangerous without one! I guess my stupidity and ego will not allow me to be armed except for what I was born with. So, all those excuses that you excused yourself to have a gun is unnecessary. Most people packing guns are either paranoid or scared of their own shadow. I prefer hand to hand combat. Let the discussion began!!!!!!

Peteb

newbie my ass
Nov 30, 2010
Lake Havasu City, Az
Name
Pete
Boat
20' Wooldridge Pisces II
:Smoke_Emoticon:I don't carry a gun. I'm dangerous without one! I guess my stupidity and ego will not allow me to be armed except for what I was born with. So, all those excuses that you excused yourself to have a gun is unnecessary. Most people packing guns are either paranoid or scared of their own shadow. I prefer hand to hand combat. Let the discussion began!!!!!!
I don't pack either, but if there's a place you might want to consider it it might be Vallejo. I worked on the new parking garage at the ferry dock a few years back and stayed locally for a few months. Sorry bro not my kinda neighborhood. I guess I'm not as bad ass as you.

Reactions: BiggestT and sueno

Bigeasy

yeah, yeah!
Jun 18, 2008
Vallejo, CA
Name
Eric W.
Boat
All those reasons to carry a gun and you had to say "i don't carry a gun because i'm paranoid" you sure about that ?
I'm not paranoid. Don't need a gun to protect myself.

don't pack either, but if there's a place you might want to consider it it might be Vallejo. I worked on the new parking garage at the ferry dock a few years back and stayed locally for a few months. Sorry bro not my kinda neighborhood. I guess I'm not as bad ass as you.

Vallejo is probably waaay more crazier than "Monroe, WA". I also don't recall us having a parking garage at the ferry building in Vallejo. Yeah, no garage! You sure you weren't in Monroe?

plj46

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
jim
Boat
24 ft grady white

don't pack either, but if there's a place you might want to consider it it might be Vallejo. I worked on the new parking garage at the ferry dock a few years back and stayed locally for a few months. Sorry bro not my kinda neighborhood. I guess I'm not as bad ass as you.

Vallejo is probably waaay more crazier than "Monroe, WA". I also don't recall us having a parking garage at the ferry building in Vallejo. Yeah, no garage! You sure you weren't in Monroe?
I'm referring to the original poster.

Reactions: sueno and wils

Peteb

newbie my ass
Nov 30, 2010
Lake Havasu City, Az
Name
Pete
Boat
20' Wooldridge Pisces II

Maybe we're talking about different Vallejo's. Because there most definitely is a parking garage for the ferry that runs to San Francisco. If you are referring to a different Vallejo my apologies.

Reactions: sueno

wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
May 31, 2003
not a spoiled bitch from san diego
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
Personally, I carry a gun because I’m too young to die and too old to take a butt whoopin’.
so, yes. you DO carry a gun to kill somebody. unless, of course, you plan on shooting to merely injure the numerous scenarios you laid out. Then, since you're in Cali, YOU will go to jail and also be sued.

MATTANZA

old man of the sea, in training.
Aug 23, 2004
SAN DIEGO
Name
RICK
Boat
Boston Whaler 25' Outrage "MATTANZA II", 34' Radovcich "AMY ANNE" {when it needs to be fixed}

I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don’t carry a gun to scare people.

I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m paranoid.

I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m evil.

I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don’t carry a gun because I hate the government.

I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m angry.

I carry a gun so that I don’t have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don’t carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.

I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m a cowboy.

I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don’t carry a gun to make me feel like a man.

I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don’t carry a gun because I feel inadequate.

I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don’t carry a gun because I love it.

I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police protection is an oxymoron.

Free citizens must protect themselves.

Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

AMEN , BROTHER!
a gun is a tool of protection, and a huge part of the American male culture. to be able to ccw , should be the same in all states. califonia liberalism has pussified the male population into a panty'd oblivion.

lasparky11

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 7, 2008
Ontario, CA USA
Name
Gene
Boat
X-wife she's so fat she floats
I guess it's just a matter of perspective. I saw this post on another site, everyone is entitled to their option. Me I don't care one way or another whether you get a gun or not. If you have one great, if not OK. I'm not here to start any fights with anyone. Just a reminder that there are 2 sides to every issue. Sooner or later both sides are going to come to some type of agreement on gun control. Let's just hope it's the politicians in the middle not the wingnuts on either side of the aisle. Remember I'm just the messenger don't shoot!

I am in the midst of an epiphany here. Bear with me but maybe the gun problem is totally and completely a mental health issue that needs to be addressed.

If you feel the need or desire to stockpile military weapons to fend off impending foreign (or domestic) military attacks then this may be a sign that you are delusional.

If you feel a need to stockpile military weaponry in your home to keep you safe from home invasion this might be a sign that you may be paranoid.

if you feel a need to carry concealed weapons so that you feel you have an advantage over other people as you walk down the street then you may have an inferiority complex.

If you think it is ok to have mass shootings at schools across the country as long as they keep gun laws just the way that they are then you are probably a sociopath.

if you think thoughts and prayers are a suitable sole response to the ongoing and escalating problem of mass shootings then you are possibly brain damaged and you maybe shouldn't be making decisions for yourself or anyone else.

Last edited:

maurice escobedo

Counselor
Oct 25, 2016
BAko
Name
Esteban
Boat
24' Wellcraft air slot
Well said sueño.
The nay sayers probably couldn’t get a ccw so probably just want to talk shit cause you’re carrying. Big deal.

lasparky11

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 7, 2008
Ontario, CA USA
Name
Gene
Boat
X-wife she's so fat she floats
Whelther I carry or not simply is none of your business....
Yes and no depending on how you look at it. Yes if you can get a legal CCW for your state . But it becomes my business that your mentally stable enough to carry one. You have pass a back round check. You have been trained on how to use it, and know when NOT to pull it out. Having insurance in case something does goes wrong to cover any damage done.

Last edited:

rdrrm8e

Fucking Stan
Nov 19, 2003
Anaheim
bdoutdoors.com
Name
chuck
Boat
No
Whether to carry or not is a highly personal commitment. It has not a Godammed thing to do with anybody else's opinion.

If you decide to carry....be honest...be committed...be trained....be ready....be calm

If you don't......be careful ...be lucky......hide.

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
Yes and no depending on how you look at it. Yes if you can get a legal CCW for your state . But it becomes my business that your mentally stable enough to carry one. You have pass a back round check. You have been trained on how to use it, and know when NOT to pull it out. Having insurance in case something does goes wrong to cover any damage done.
yes that's a given,

yellowklr

My Best Catch!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 22, 2003
San Diego,Ca
Name
Derek
Boat
complicated
Carrying a Gun isn't for everyone...But the silly comment that "I dont need a gun to protect myself" is just that Silly. You always need to be one step of from the "bad guys" and lets face it they often are armed with a gun or another dangerous weapon......
I've been carrying 24/7 for 24 years and its a ton of responsibility and I look forward to the day when I live in a safer place and can forget about guns.

apogee

My name is Apogee and I am a Squidaholic
Jan 29, 2009
Bakersfield
Name
Apogee..
Boat
Boston Whaler Outrage 28 (End Game)
Shoot somebody and see what happens.................Ap

Bigeasy

yeah, yeah!
Jun 18, 2008
Vallejo, CA
Name
Eric W.
Boat
Maybe we're talking about different Vallejo's. Because there most definitely is a parking garage for the ferry that runs to San Francisco. If you are referring to a different Vallejo my apologies.
You are right Sir! Forgot about the structure across the street! It's not the ferry Garage, but you are correct. And you are correct about the neighborhood around there. But, like any community it does not represent entire Vallejo.

Reactions: Peteb and sueno

UnBelievable

F.V. UNBELIEVABLE
Jul 19, 2013
Mission Bay San Diego Ca. USA
Name
Norm Campbell
Boat
UnBelievable
Well I applaud your statement and Thank the lord for you and others like you! I live my life to the fullest every day and have been truly blessed. I pray you are near in a situation. If not I know I WILL GO AFTER THE BAD GUY with a spoon if need be. I know there will be others behind me if I fall. The one thing a bad guy cannot stop is a determined bunch of Americans willing to take the bad person out with their bare hands if need be. Using the ant mentality may seem futal to some, know this.....it IS ONE OF THE STRONGEST FORCES IN NATURE AND THE WORLD! May this never happen to anyone ever again.

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
below is from another person, i will put my $.02 in....

I am in the midst of an epiphany here. Bear with me but maybe the gun problem is totally and completely a mental health issue that needs to be addressed.
agreed, guns are not the problem, defective people are. identify and isolate them asap.

If you feel the need or desire to stockpile military weapons to fend off impending foreign (or domestic) military attacks then this may be a sign that you are delusional.
the founding fathers of this country understood the need for this, infact they knew its importance that is was the second "thing" they thought of while structuring this country.

If you feel a need to stockpile military weaponry in your home to keep you safe from home invasion this might be a sign that you may be paranoid.

ever had a unknown person in your home, without permission? ever had somebody jump your fence and look into your home, checking doorknobs and windows to see if they're locked? ever had to wait 2 hours for a response from law enforcement while this was taking place? and event ended before law enforcement arrives? probably not im guessing.

if you feel a need to carry concealed weapons so that you feel you have an advantage over other people as you walk down the street then you may have an inferiority complex.
no inferiority here.....i think everyone (felons and crazies) aside should be able to carry.

If you think it is ok to have mass shootings at schools across the country as long as they keep gun laws just the way that they are then you are probably a sociopath.

no, i dont think mass shootings are ok......but the gun is just a tool, its the crazy attention seeking, dipshits that need to be addressed. making something illegal doesnt keep people from using, or possessing it. ever smoke weed? ever do a line of coke? ever take a pain pill that wasnt prescribed to you? ever drink before you were 21? ever roll a stop sign, ever exceed the speed limit. ever drive after drinking? address the problem....this last shooting the perp was on a FBI watch list.......our society has let polical correctness silence people, slow there approach when addressing these situations. people should feel free to say "that guy is fucking crazy" and LEO should be able to investigate without fear of hurting somebodies feelings.

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
jim
Boat
24 ft grady white
I DON'T carry a gun because i don't walk around through life expecting to be mugged,robbed,carjacked or whatever.I'm just curious why people think they're much safer carrying a weapon.If you already have a gun in your face from some nut that wants your wallet or car isn't it a little late to be pulling a weapon out ? chances are you're going to get shot first.I prefer to give up whatever it is the nutjob wants and live another day.It seems like it would be a game of chance,who's going to flinch first ? my money would be on the guy that's already crazy enough to rob you at gunpoint.

Last edited: