I did it again!! Jigmaster 500/501 SS dual dog bridge, yoke and jack.

PENN

prochallenger66

Almost A Member
Jul 31, 2007
FL
Name
Alan
Boat
None
Finally, all these parts are in. It has been a very long time. It is better late than never. This SS bridge with dual dogs is direct replacement, and there is no alternation on the side plate

If anyone would like to order these parts, please send me an email to [email protected] or call me at 561-568-3980. Please state if you prefer PayPal or check payment method, therefore, I can send you an invoice. In addition, please state if the order will be shipped within FL.

For order within FL, there will be 6% sales tax.
For outside US members, there will be 1% of the total payment charge. Please email for shipping cost.

The following is a price list for each item:

• Right hand dog: $3.00
  • Left hand dog : $3.00
  • Bridge : $15.99 (Fits Jigmaster 500/501 ONLY)
  • Coil Dog Spring: $0.65
  • Eccentric Jack : $6.99 (Fits Jigmaster 500/501/505/506 and 112H ONLY)
  • Yoke : $4.50. (Fits Jigmaster 500/501/505/506 and 112H ONLY)
  • Attention!! The yoke might not fit with Accurate's pinion gear.
Here is the video that the DD bridge is kicking with the stock sleeve.

DSC07060_zps5d1ab0df.jpg

The following is the package price list:

A: The Double Dog Bridge with mid-heavy coil dog springs, Eccentric Jack, and Yoke in all stainless steel. The package price is $29.99 each.

DSC07055_zps9190ecf7.jpg

B: The Double Dog Bridge with mid-heavy coil dog springs in all 304 stainless steel. The package price is $19.99 each.

DSC07056_zps1b4db61e.jpg

C: 420 Heat Treated Stainless Steel Eccentric Jack and Yoke. The package price is $10.50

DSC07059_zpse983bfe3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: junglecrawler
Upvote 0

prochallenger66

Almost A Member
Jul 31, 2007
FL
Name
Alan
Boat
None
If anyone would like to order these parts, please send me an email to [email protected] or call me at 561-568-3980. Please state if you prefer PayPal or check payment method, therefore, I can send you an invoice. In addition, please state if the order will be shipped within FL.

For order within FL, there will be 6% sales tax.
For outside US members, there will be 1% of the total payment charge. Please email for shipping cost.

Upvote 0

TEAMFISH

JUST ADD WATER
Aug 17, 2006
TORRANCE
Name
DAVE
Boat
SOLD IT
Very cool and a great price. Do you happen to make the same setup for a 4/0?

Upvote 0

rojodiablo

Dive club flunkie
Jul 22, 2005
Santa Ana Ca.
Name
Paul Romanowski
Boat
Sold the boat; running the rubber ducky! (Inflatable)
Do you make gears and the gear sleeve as well?
This is what I am really interested in also!! The pinion gear and the sleeve..... can you/ do you make an improved version of that animal......PLEASE!!!

Upvote 0

prochallenger66

Almost A Member
Jul 31, 2007
FL
Name
Alan
Boat
None
This is what I am really interested in also!! The pinion gear and the sleeve..... can you/ do you make an improved version of that animal......PLEASE!!!
Do you make gears and the gear sleeve as well?

First, we are working on the 5:1 stainless steel gear set for the Jigmaster 5000/501 and Senator 112H. It will be available by end of June if everything is working correctly. The gear set package will include a true 5:1 ratio gears (main and pinion) in stainless steel and modified sleeve spacer. We should have these parts testing result sometime next week.

Second, we will not make any stainless steel gear sleeve because Alan Tani (my mentor) has been making it and been proved to be a great product. I would recommend contact Alan T for the SS gear sleeve.

Thanks,
--Alan C.

Upvote 0

maxpowers

Jul 25, 2007
Fountain Valley, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
someday a 23' Striper
You're really enjoy the double dogs Mark. Keep in mind though that they tend to be noisier than the normal single dog reel. You can minimize the noise by greasing the dogs and the anti reverse teeth heavily.

Upvote 0

lasparky11

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 7, 2008
Ontario, CA USA
Name
Gene
Boat
X-wife she's so fat she floats
Alan do the double dog kits fit the Pro Gear 255? The jigmaster 500 gears work in it.

Upvote 0

rojodiablo

Dive club flunkie
Jul 22, 2005
Santa Ana Ca.
Name
Paul Romanowski
Boat
Sold the boat; running the rubber ducky! (Inflatable)
First, we are working on the 5:1 stainless steel gear set for the Jigmaster 5000/501 and Senator 112H. It will be available by end of June if everything is working correctly. The gear set package will include a true 5:1 ratio gears (main and pinion) in stainless steel and modified sleeve spacer. We should have these parts testing result sometime next week.

Second, we will not make any stainless steel gear sleeve because Alan Tani (my mentor) has been making it and been proved to be a great product. I would recommend contact Alan T for the SS gear sleeve.

Thanks,
--Alan C.
That sounds great!!!! Swap meet, here I come to liberate you of all your Jigmasters!!!

Upvote 0

prochallenger66

Almost A Member
Jul 31, 2007
FL
Name
Alan
Boat
None
Maybe a dumb question, but what do the double dogs add to a jigmaster in terms of performance?

Smitty
The following description is from a member in Alan Tani's site. So, I don't have to type it again...

"
In most star drag reels, the dog (or AR bearing) is the part of the reel that takes the pressure of the fish. A fish pulls on the spool which works through the pinion and main gear to put pressure on the drag disks which transfer energy to the gear sleeve. The gear sleeve needs something to prevent it from spinning backwards and letting line out with no drag, that something is the dog. The gear sleeve has a ratchet on the bottom that the dog works against in a similar manner to a pawl in a ratchet wrench. The dog is what allows the fish to put pressure against the drag disks and make them work.

Alternating dogs have been covered, but a little more can be said about double dogs. When a reel with a single dog has pressure put against it, the single point of pressure at the dog will cause the gear sleeve to tilt. If enough pressure is applied this tilting can allow the main gear to rub against the side plate and cause damage and causes friction on the bridge post. Adding a second dog reduces this tendency to tilt, reducing wear and friction. The closer to 180 degrees the dogs are opposed the better the reduction in wear and friction. It is conceivable that in a reel with a big drag and a small sleeve post, such as a Penn 60, the friction may turn to binding and eventual failure, which is why I think double simultaneous dogging little reels is just as important as double dogging big reels, especially if the dogs are 180 degrees apart."

Upvote 0

rick marin

Nothing new here
Dec 24, 2006
lemon grove
Name
rick marin
Boat
H & M fleet
Hey Alan, I just wanted to write back and tell you how pleased I am with the stainless combo package I got from you! I now have a jigmaster that should last another 40 years, except this time it's converted from a sedan to a hot rod! All the parts fit perfectly and the reel is smooth as silk and stronger than ever. I have newell 5-1 gears in it now, but I'm looking forward to the helical 5-1's I heard you were making. Thanks again for great product and rapid filling of my order!

Upvote 0

prochallenger66

Almost A Member
Jul 31, 2007
FL
Name
Alan
Boat
None
Hey Alan, I just wanted to write back and tell you how pleased I am with the stainless combo package I got from you! I now have a jigmaster that should last another 40 years, except this time it's converted from a sedan to a hot rod! All the parts fit perfectly and the reel is smooth as silk and stronger than ever. I have newell 5-1 gears in it now, but I'm looking forward to the helical 5-1's I heard you were making. Thanks again for great product and rapid filling of my order!

Hi Rick,

I am glad you are enjoying your Jigmaster even more now. The helical 5:1 gear set for the Jigmaster 500/501 should be ready for shipping by middle of July. The main gears are done, and we are working on the pinion gear and the sleeve spacer. Yes, this kit will include main gear, pinion gear and sleeve spacer. Sal was able to get 30# holding power and 20# cranking power with this kit.

Thanks,
--Alan

Upvote 0