Name
Brad I
Boat
Nope
I am a fisherman and friend.
Stay on top.
Wear a mask.
CDC links have been rerouted.

Think about it: major infection outbreaks have appeared in South Korea, Iran and Italy. Smaller numbers of infected people have appeared in dozens of countries and there are 80,000+ confirmed cases worldwide. With modern transportation and early symptoms that could be applicable to many illnesses, this thing is definitely still spreading.

China tried shutting down a whole region of the country and it still spread. Italy is trying to do the same. Based on that, it seems like this thing could be real bad. Not Black Death bad, but maybe Spanish Flu bad. Thankfully the reported mortality rate is "only" 3%, but its looking like a lot of people are going to get this thing. I'd listen to scientists and doctors on this one, governments are probably under-playing it to avoid scaring the public (China was pretty close-mouthed about this thing initially, hoping that a shutdown of 60,000,000 people could contain the virus; it didn't).

The key probably will be how quickly they can come up with effective vaccines and treatments, because right now it appears to be spreading with no real way to stop that spread; attempted isolation of stricken individuals is not working so far.

woodfish330

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
Oh... we'll be alright ...One leader said... "it's gonna go away when it gets warmer". Really....?

Not political here.... but down playing the serious nature.... is again keeping the masses confused. To Cut overall CDC funding by 20% - 40% in the 2021 budget. Then ask for a special 2 billion dollars for the continuing "effort". Like a pendulum. So which is it? Which will we believe? Politicians or scientists?

A perfect Worldwide "distraction"..... keep your eyes wide open brothers. Take care of yourself and your family. Starts with common sense....and hand sanitizer. ..lol.

Last edited:

Phat Boat

Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
Prep time is running out....

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
What can you actually do? We are forced together in everything we do so unless you can telecommute to work and avoid crowds it's probably going to spread. Try and avoid contact every way you can.

Yellowtail Dan

Apr 10, 2006
Roseville Ca
Name
Dan
Boat
Excel, American Angler
Crazy how bad this has gotten and how fast it’s spreading. The impact is going to be felt across a lot of sectors and impact costs on a lot of items.

Be well everyone and take what precautions you think will help

michael e. bingham

May 26, 2015
Name
Pura Vida
Boat
Pura Vida 30' Custom Panga
I think it's going to affect flights big time , people including myself are going to be paranoid for sure , I fly to Florida in april, then kauai in June which my wife wants to cancel because of this and then Alaska in August , im turning 63 years young in a couple of months and we're rethinking our plans and just go to our Baja home , I really do belive its going to effect peoples plans

Reactions: joey997

SD2600

Opinions aren’t constitutional- they are earned
Apr 13, 2017
San diego
Name
Dustin
Boat
26' sea swirl
1.25 million die each year from traffic accidents...an additional 20-50 million are seriously injured or disabled... most affected age group 15-44.... just a stat to compare to and not overreact....

Rocket Dog

Tagging and Bagging
Mar 2, 2010
Glendora
Name
Rocket Dog
Boat
passenger again
Oh... we'll be alright ...One leader said... "it's gonna go away when it gets warmer". Really....?

Not political here.... but down playing the serious nature.... is again keeping the masses confused. To Cut overall CDC funding by 20% - 40% in the 2021 budget. Then ask for a special 2 billion dollars for the continuing "effort". Like a pendulum. So which is it? Which will we believe? Politicians or scientists?

A perfect Worldwide "distraction"..... keep your eyes wide open brothers. Take care of yourself and your family. Starts with common sense....and hand sanitizer. ..lol.
I was surprised at the news conference yesterday afternoon. I am not surprised at the one we will have today.

We will not know the real impact of this for a few months to quarters. Well boys get ready for new government stimulus... Any Mortgage lenders on here.? I'll be looking to refi my house soon based on all that happened these last two days.

woodfish330

Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
Lowering interest rates.... first. Then strip your equity when changing housing demands lower the real eatate values "on paper". That's how they robbed us before. Don't get "backwards" by taking all your equity during the "refi".

Also watch your 401K investments... seriously. The hidden public "robbery" there has already begun. Watch the DOW/S&P/NASDAQ..... and world financial markets. Limit your losses, quickly.

Just be vigilant... you may not catch the "virus".... but the cumulative "effects" could financially "kill" you. History is littered with examples. Just saying. .

Last edited:

woodfish330

Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
Japan is too proud to "loose face", by cancelling or postponing their Olympic host job. Their handling of the Cruise ship debacle reflects this as well. Even their own doctors stated there was little epidemic "protocol" followed on that boat. Time will tell. I believe they'll have too. You can throw a party.... If no one comes....was it worth it? Face saving?

Reactions: Rocket Dog

woodfish330

Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
As the virus survives for up to 7 days on exposed surfaces..... credit card and scanners are a "watch". Cash with its fabric base... science says 2-3 days on that. Mail..... sent all over..... is another concern. Don't believe the USPS uses U.V. to clean mail.....but think about it.

Also..... All those AMAZON packages. Who, what and where.... is going to become more important than ever. That employee...... showed "signs" weeks after they handled your package. The GLOBAL economy....all effected.

Dorothy.... We're not in KANSAS anymore. Not paranoid....realistic.

Reactions: pacificscout

Tail Chaser

Aug 31, 2004
Claremont
Name
Ryan
Boat
Hobie Outback
Could have been 100% contained!
Our world governments are very powerful. They chose Money over people 1% of the world will die. All we had to do was a staycation, ground all flights. Send in the experts from around the world. But you hear all kinds of excuses... in the end its Money!

Take the next step... The same governments are telling you, if you pay more taxes they can lower the temperature of the globe... vote wisely friends.

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
The normal flu kills more people.Relax and don't eat snakes and rats,you'll be fine.Or if it makes you feel better wear a particle mask and stay in the house.

Tail Chaser

Aug 31, 2004
Claremont
Name
Ryan
Boat
Hobie Outback
The normal flu kills more people.Relax and don't eat snakes and rats,you'll be fine.Or if it makes you feel better wear a particle mask and stay in the house.
True but in context... the flu is not as easily spread.

Tail Chaser

Aug 31, 2004
Claremont
Name
Ryan
Boat
Hobie Outback
Not as easily spread ? millions get the flu every year.
True... has anyone in your house caught the flu and you didn't? This one is being reported as within 6 feet you WILL be infected. And zero symptoms yet you are contagious... Reports could be exagerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.