I’m evacuated. May need to give up my spot on SOA 8 day leaving Wednesday.

Toadpole

Toad
Aug 7, 2017
Yreka
Name
Jim Todd
Boat Name
State of Jefferson kayak
SOA 8 day leaving Wednesday. I may need to cancel. MG Charter. I’ve been evacuated from my home in Yreka due to the McKinney Fire. I did manage to take my gear just in case I can go. If you want the spot please call Mark or the Spirit. It’s not posted online. My ride is heading down tomorrow.

Reactions: Ratshirt
Upvote 0

Mean Gene

Old Fat Guy
Oct 27, 2013
Ennis, Montana
Name
Gene
Boat Name
The Searcher
Advantage Yreka has is that fire will have to burn downhill to get to town. Barring a wind event that alone will make it much easier to stop if it gets over Soda Ridge, Greenhorn and Humbug. The other plus right now is that fire is about the only game in town for California or Oregon, so getting equipment, crews and aircraft won't be as hard. As of tonight it's still 3 miles away from town, and I'm hearing forward progress has slowed somewhat. Go fishing...no matter what, you won't change the outcome by staying home.

Reactions: Toadpole and ripped
Upvote 0

Toadpole

Toad
Aug 7, 2017
Yreka
Name
Jim Todd
Boat Name
State of Jefferson kayak
Advantage Yreka has is that fire will have to burn downhill to get to town. Barring a wind event that alone will make it much easier to stop if it gets over Soda Ridge, Greenhorn and Humbug. The other plus right now is that fire is about the only game in town for California or Oregon, so getting equipment, crews and aircraft won't be as hard. As of tonight it's still 3 miles away from town, and I'm hearing forward progress has slowed somewhat. Go fishing...no matter what, you won't change the outcome by staying home.
I guess there was rain last night. Thanks Gene.

Reactions: jer dog
Upvote 0

Toadpole

Toad
Aug 7, 2017
Yreka
Name
Jim Todd
Boat Name
State of Jefferson kayak
F0A7093B-BE4F-4780-B0B8-DC1B80557C00.jpeg

Let’s do this!

Upvote 0

jigstrike

SCUBA Spearing Daddy
Feb 28, 2004
Sabre Springs
Name
Tom McKinney
Boat Name
Pacific Option, a 2006 Tiara 3000 Open
Good call. Nothing you could do anyway. Hope you have a great trip and your home survives
This.
My dad has been in hospice for a while and I had a trip to Europe. I told my sister that if he passes, dont call me until I get back because flying home early wouldnt help anything. He's still with us, but yiu have to onlybqorry about that which you can actually do something about.

Upvote 0