The American Tackle Company

tmcustoms

Dec 30, 2012
Sacramento Ca
Name
Taylor Posey
Boat
Baby Lobster
Hey guys building myself 6 new rods and was wondering what hypalon people like best seems like I have got it a few different places and its all been a little different. However I like the feel of the spongier stuff like I have seen on some factory calstar rods. Any opinions I will need to mail order the stuff and would like tapered.

Olddog8

May 13, 2012
Poway,ca
Name
Rick
Boat
Sold long ago
Comes in lots of colors... hyplon and EVA - hyplon has less options than EVA. Black, brown, blue, green, red, and GRAY. Not too many places carry more than black. Calstar factory rods had gray hyplon once upon a time. I used to buy it at the Longfin, now they look at me like I'm crazy, which I am. Mudhole has the most colors, including gray but shipping really adds up.

I've only seen black. Are you talking about EVA?

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
Sep 7, 2007
la habra hts
Name
mike garrahan
Boat
23 ft. crestliner
The colored stuff has been around for many years. The early Sabres often had blue, green or brown as well as black. I only use black now and I usually get it from Acidrod or SquidCo. The price is about the same and I don't see much difference in the quality. They both seem very similar to what you find on the Calstars.