DLU04

Rail fighter
Nov 10, 2005
San Fernando Valley, CA
Name
Dennis
Boat
Intrepid
I currently have two TN 40n I use for wahoo fishing. I'm thinking about adding HXJ 5/2 MC Raptor to my line up. Can someone give me some feedback on the pros and cons (one vs the other)?

Thanks
Dennis

mmayo

Barking Spider
Jul 18, 2006
Tehachapi, CA
www.landofmayo.com
Name
Mark
Boat
Vagabond & Royal Star
I owned a Trini 40 and I have one word to help you, button. I have two HX one Raptor and two JX raptors. They catch and are far easier to service than the 40. I could service all four of my Avets in the time to service one Trini 40 and I’ve done all of them many times.

IronMikeAC

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 2, 2013
torrance, ca
Name
Mike
Boat
Vagabond
I currently have two TN 40n I use for wahoo fishing. I'm thinking about adding HXJ 5/2 MC Raptor to my line up. Can someone give me some feedback on the pros and cons (one vs the other)?

Thanks
Dennis
I have all of the above. Trin40, HX, HXRapt. I still like my old Trin40 for wahoo and yoyo because its so easy to crank over and over again. True it has only one speed, but its easier on my shoulder.

Reactions: F.I.S.H.Y

Almud

Jan 3, 2015
Name
Almud
Boat
Wish I Had One
Caught a number of YFT up to 130# with an HXJ Raptor on a CC. 80# test and short 100# fluoro chunking bonita.

Reactions: DLU04

Fishhead17

Nov 20, 2017
Northern CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Willie
Another good option for bombs or iron is the Tiburon SST 6 or 8 auto 2spd. Just turn the handle and it downshifts to low and you can land them in record time, tho it can be a little dicey gaffing a still green fish. Have also caught them on the Trini 40, HX and HXJ. They’re all good.

Reactions: Eric Ancog