Lexa400Roy

Is so tired of this coronavirus disaster
Apr 4, 2019
California
Name
Roy
Boat
No boat
Fished Huntington beach today 1/11, used the gulp sandworms for about an hr with no luck, moved past a few holes and couldnt get one to stick though i did have a few bites, low tide came through and i changed it to a yo-zuri hydro minnow, trying to target halibut or maybe a striper, again a few short bites but couldnt get them to stick, its frustrating cause i can see the teeth marks on the minnow but i dont have a fish lol

Well thats my report, oh i also saw a few more people fishing, one of them came and asked me if i caught anything cause they didnt catch any either....

Upvote 0

simmo13

I Should Upgrade My Account
Nov 12, 2010
Lb inshore
Name
Simmo
Boat
19’ baja bayrunner!!!!!
Wait for this swell to subside. I think too much water movement. Try that hardbait at high tide, and yah the gulp sandworm is like crack. I fish it w 4-6 lb flouro leader

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    Wait for this swell to subside. I think too much water movement. Try that hardbait at high tide, and yah the gulp sandworm is like crack. I fish it w 4-6 lb flouro leader
    THIS!

Upvote 0

Lexa400Roy

Apr 4, 2019
    California
    Name
    Roy
    Boat
    No boat
    I was fishing it on a carolina rig, slider sinker of 2 oz and 4 lb test, color was the green and brown? Camo i think its called, a few short bites but nothing stuck, ive had good luck before, however i made it there right before max low tide

Upvote 0

Noah & Scoot

Wishin I Was Fishin
  • Dec 15, 2008
    Menifee
    Name
    Scoot
    Boat
    18’ CC Baja
    My kid caught one on a in-line spinner bait, around the bridge last summer. It was a good one, 15” maybe. Ones we saw the other night were small, sub 10”

Upvote 0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Wilmington, CA.
    Name
    Adalberto
    Boat
    N/A
    Indeed there was a lot of needle fish everywhere, so you mentioned something, you mentioned "swell" is this the same as the tide?
    No. They are different. Sometimes the tide moves only a couple of feet, specifically the weeks between the new and full moon and you will see big waves at short periods ( surfers love it) and sometimes the tide moves a lot( full and new moon) and you see small waves.

Upvote 0

Lexa400Roy

Apr 4, 2019
    California
    Name
    Roy
    Boat
    No boat
    So in short the tide is how high the waves get and the swell is the intervals? Not much of a surf fisherman, just starting lol

Upvote 0

Latest posts