Huntin ?

Discussion in 'Washington Fishing Reports' started by silver slayer, Sep 2, 2016.

1. silver slayer

silver slayer I've posted enough I should'nt have to edit this

Name:
    Josh
    Boat:
    25' starcraft expedition
    So sittin in the blind last night got two 2 pts 20 yds away not the ones I'm after but it gets dark and I know big boy will be coming in. I don't want to spook any of them bit for sure don't want to spook Mr big guy.

So how do ya get out of the blind I know the deer stay in there until 1030 to 11 every night so don't really want to sit it out.

What I did was make a little noise was hoping to make them just nervous enough to leave but not jump. Well one of them just gets curious and walks up to the blind and dam near sticks his head in before he snorts and bounces off snorting alerting every deer around. I didn't want that to happen.

Any suggestions?

2. tacklejacked

tacklejacked Capt./ Ho if I get to drive

Name:
    Greg
    Boat:
    22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
    Shot one and then have ur bd buddy come over and whack the big 4pt...

3. tacklejacked

tacklejacked Capt./ Ho if I get to drive

Name:
    Greg
    Boat:
    22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
    Or move the blind farther out to an edge where u can low crawl into some brush.

4. silver slayer

silver slayer I've posted enough I should'nt have to edit this

Name:
    Josh
    Boat:
    25' starcraft expedition
    I like the way you think but I have 6 or 7 small ones coming in and 2 4 pts if those little ones grow a year or two will have plenty of big ones. I am hunting for mine after that I don't mind if someone wants to hunt there but don't want more then two taken for the year

5. Cohoho

Cohoho I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Cohoho
    Boat:
    COHOHO - 23 ft Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore - SOLD
    Wait til dark to exit, not as skittish.

6. EJ Swanny

EJ Swanny I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Erik
    Boat:
    "Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
    Try a can of compressed air, the kind you clean your keyboard with. Try it alone at first, just a few squirts....it makes a sound they don't like, and are not used to, the but not too threatening....or the old standby...either throw a small rock or use a slingshot to either side of them....

Swanny

7. Nosecrets

Nosecrets Blackmouthers good side

Name:
    Blackmouther
    Boat:
    9' bullfrog "mr big"
    As long as its dark your fine. We baited our stands early morning and the deer would go away for the 5 minutes they heard us but the trail cams showed them right back minutes after we were gone. image.jpeg image.jpeg I was walking out after baiting as he was walking back top pic, bottom pic was the same drill but this buck was poached the same day and verified by the game dept same buck. We had a very nice selection going until the poacher killed 3 of them, one had 3 full 4 pt antlers and the other looked like a typical 5x5. Dont worry about spooking them just walk away as if you didnt see them.

Cohoho19 likes this.