Living and Learning
Jan 24, 2006
Snoqualmie River Country
Name
Scott M
Boat
Hyde Drift
showimage.php
I haven't gotten up @ 6AM to catch them, not really taking it too seriously, but I haven't really had the action I expected.

I have been fishing the lower SKY and tried, pink spoons, corkies and yarn with an assortment of colors, Bobber and jig (no shrimp) and have only managed to fowl hook one in the back.

What is working most consistently.?> I have been working the top end of a large hole and have a good deep channel that the school are obviously traveling through. They are here and rolling around in both the channel and the shallows across the shore.

Seems like the guys using Jigs are doing the best here. I have been reading hundreds of reports about pinks, but haven't really gottern in sync with these little bastards, they are moving fast and slowly turning.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I will be tying some 3/8 ounce jigs and learning that this week in the evenings after work.

Thanks All

Upvote 0
C

Cap'n Poon

Fish very small white jigs! yes, white will out-fish pink all day! no weight, leader, swivel. Just tied straight to the main line. the jigs i buy have a walleye on them. only way really make em work is with light weight spinning rod. no need for salmon gear here

Upvote 0

scr

Aug 8, 2009
Marysville, wa
Name
Steve
Boat
none
stopped @ the cheapskate whole for about an hour late yesterday PM so my 7-year old granddaughter could catch her first salmon. We were using pink jigs, got 1. The fellow next to me was using a 50/50 dick night (brass/chrome) had hooked a half dozen in the hour I was there, landed 2. He was drifting them (long leader & pencil lead) and getting hit at he end of his drifts.

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
From my experience, when you hump in fresh water I get way less sand underneath my balls and in my ass crack then when I hump in salt water. So the only difference in setup is that I don't have to shower as quickly after the set up. Unless she was a real skank, then I shower very quickly to get the stinky poon tang smell off of my junk. :smoking33:

Upvote 0

t_dub

I remember when I used to fish.............
Jan 3, 2010
Kenmore
Name
Ty
Boat
20' Hewescraft Searunner
if there's current, drift 50/50 #1 Dick Nite spoons, just off the bottom, SLOW retrieve, most strikes will come at the very end of your drift. little current or back eddy, 1/4 oz pink squid jigs. make sure those jigs just about hit the bottom before you start twitching them back, otherwise they stay too high in the water column for most of the fish.

Upvote 0

rkcarguy

I Should Upgrade My Account
Dec 4, 2009
North Puget Sound
Name
Ryan
Boat
4' more baylitter than JohnVH
A co-worker of mine swears by F-4 to F-7 flatfish, green in clear water and orange/pink in murky. Rig it trailing a weight off of a 3-way swivel so it dances around in the current. I've tied up a few but have yet to try them.
The 50/50 dick nite in a few different colors will usually work too. Chartreuse, Pink, and Gold on Silver are also part of my river arsenal.

Upvote 0

fishlake4now

Fishin for a lovin
Jul 20, 2011
king co.
Name
cameron lankhaar
Boat
the wet dream
PINK SQUID JIG WITH A WHITE HEAD

Upvote 0

Mpizzle

Bobber down!
Jul 18, 2010
Mt Vernon
Name
Matt
Boat
20’ Glasply
Don't give up on those jigs under a float either! Tip them with a chunk of sandshrimp or a junk of raw shrimp cured in Fire Cure of Pro-Cure double red. You WILL catch fish with that setup.

In order of effectiveness my gotos are:

1) 50/50 dick nite, slow retrieve at first then no retrieve once it gets to the end of the drift, let the current do the work.

2) 1/4 oz pink squid jigs

3) 1/8 oz jigs, squid jigs, or marabou under a float tipped with a chunk of Pro-Cured shrimp.

Upvote 0

Mpizzle

Bobber down!
Jul 18, 2010
Mt Vernon
Name
Matt
Boat
20’ Glasply
Oh, and use slip floats and make sure to set your bobber stop so the lure rides about 6" off the bottom, the strikezone will be right along bottom, the fish you see surfacing just run up top briefly before going back down, they are striking lures on the bottom.

Upvote 0

hybridcx

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 12, 2009
Sequim, Wa
Name
Jacob
Boat
22' c dory "plus 3"; willie db
the white jig is money, sometimes i put a pinch weight 6 " above it to get it to go deeper, just cast let sit a bit and slowly reel in and twitch along the way, last 2 humpy years I lived on the sky and had 30+ fish days doing this, if I got real desperate I would tip with SS. I have a bunch of thouse jigs if you want some I wont be needed them anymore and the hooks are not good enough for steelhead IMO.
use light gear and line helps with action and way more fun...

Upvote 0