reefhunter11

Apr 22, 2007
Santa Barbara
www.youtube.com
Name
Eytan Nahmias
Boat
none
Here's our new Steady Drift Video on Youtube. Rockfish catch + Cook using tady and jax jigs! Let us know what you thought of the video. We fished a spot that has been closed for over 20 years. Due to new DFG regulations, it is now open. In the beginning, the fishing was slow. After searching around we finally found a one-stop spot with huge reds on it. It was a really fun day on the water and were glad the rockfish season is back open. All Cowcods were released safely using a rockfish deployer.

We have a lot more content coming out on this channel. Subscribe to the channel and give it a thumbs up if you enjoyed the footage. Please let us know what you think of the video. Thank you!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ducksnpucks

Almost A Member
  • Feb 22, 2021
    Long Beach, Ca
    Name
    Ducks
    Boat
    None
    Awesome job on the video!!!! Thanks for sharing. Looks delicious. Wish you could have given tips on the batter before you deep fried. But I’m sure thats on your channel and I’ll find it. My batter always falls off. Thanks again!

Upvote 0

LEC

Almost A Member
    Dec 15, 2005
    Garden Grove Ca.
    Name
    Larry Crownover
    Boat
    20 ft. Invader LC
    Love the video and appreciate the cooking advice. You might rethink showing 3 guys fishing 4 rods for rockfish. Definitely a no no. Right around the 4 minute mark.

Reactions: kelp4brains
    Upvote 0

reefhunter11

Apr 22, 2007
    Santa Barbara
    www.youtube.com
    Name
    Eytan Nahmias
    Boat
    none
    Awesome job on the video!!!! Thanks for sharing. Looks delicious. Wish you could have given tips on the batter before you deep fried. But I’m sure thats on your channel and I’ll find it. My batter always falls off. Thanks again!
    Yes here you go; cut the fish into 1 inch cubes, in a flour mixture combine salt,pepper, paprika, and garlic salt. throw the chunks of fish into the flour, then into the egg mixture, back into the flour, then egg and then into panko and throw it in the pan! gives it a nice thick texture mmmmmmmm

Upvote 0

bazzturd

I fish in the ocean, not the internet
    Aug 7, 2008
    Westminster, CA
    Name
    Brian
    Boat
    2005 Grady White Seafarer 228 (no name yet)
    I want to certify their method of fish fry. I do something different with battering and I also cut into taco length and thickness. The 1" cubes and flour, egg, flour, egg, and then panko is super good. Made it just now and I am changing my methods. Thanks for that!

Upvote 0

Tunaslam

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Apr 25, 2003
    Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
    Name
    Cory Visser
    Boat
    N/A
    Did I miss something? No fishing on the video, but you guys certainly have your act together eating and cooking! Wow!

Upvote 0

kelp4brains

fisherman
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Diego. sur califas 13
    Name
    Richard S.
    Boat
    12ft.,gregor,The Dos Amigos
    I love BIG REDS

20200724_170217.jpg

Reactions: Rich Fagner
    Upvote 0

walter heim

Feb 20, 2021
    San Diego
    Name
    walter heim
    Boat
    Bayrunner
    I concur, mexican rockfish. I think the commercials call them "Coro cod". They are more common in the 600 ft range. I expect to see more of these deeper water species now that we can fish down to 600 ft. We used to get them on the nine in 500-800+ ft. Being that it is not a "red", you can keep 10. I hope you are not fishing the nine because it is still off limits.

Upvote 0