Rum is Tackle
Dec 3, 2003
Bay Park
Visit site
Name
Dave Cairncross
Boat
Currently looking for a new Ho'ing opportunity

This just hit the Finbomb Instagram page. Said it is 500# caught on a two day. The pecs look kinda rigid....discuss LOL

Upvote 0

bayfisher86

Feb 6, 2004
Fountain Valley, Ca
Name
Aaron
Boat
Parker 2310WA
No, and I didn't get the memo either. It's ok not to release because it's well within his legal right to keep it. I'm so sick of hearing people gripe about killing Marlin. Why aren't you guys bitching about all the wahoo being killed? I killed a wahoo a few weeks ago, is that wrong? They're just as rare in our waters. Hell I killed an Opah last year, was that wrong? There's less opah than Marlin caught in our waters.
You can't stand up for our rights when it comes to fishing but pick and choose when it should be applicable. If you make the moral/ethical decision to release a Marlin then that's great, but you have no right to bag on anyone for exercising their legal/moral/ethical right to kill one.

Upvote 0

Slice-Of-Life

SoCal Hoo and Blue Club
Jun 18, 2012
San Jacinto
Name
Travis Magnano
Boat
Nope
And the reason it wasn't released ?

It's a catch of a lifetime and good eats. Why does releasing it have to be an option? Do you know the story behind the catch maybe it died during the battle? Maybe he just wanted a sweet ass picture and some meat to share with family and friends.

Congrats to the angler and crew of the Pacific Voyager!!!

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    It's a catch of a lifetime and good eats. Why does releasing it have to be an option? Do you know the story behind the catch maybe it died during the battle? Maybe he just wanted a sweet ass picture and some meat to share with family and friends.

Congrats to the angler and crew of the Pacific Voyager!!!
    I know the story. I just saw the video.

The fish swam up to the boat. The crew stuck a peanut tuna on the gaff and dipped it in the water, The fish swam up to it and a bunch of em free gaffed the shit out of it and yanked it aboard.

The video is on Instagram. If you know how to post it go for it.I don't know how.

Yet another boat that will never see a dollar of mine.

Upvote 0

Slice-Of-Life

SoCal Hoo and Blue Club
    Jun 18, 2012
    San Jacinto
    Name
    Travis Magnano
    Boat
    Nope

The fish swam up to the boat. The crew stuck a peanut tuna on the gaff and dipped it in the water, The fish swam up to it and a bunch of em free gaffed the shit out of it and yanked it aboard.

The video is on Instagram. If you know how to post it go for it.I don't know how.

Yea I assumed the fish was taken on rod and reel. Which I thought was a safe assumption. Yea free gaffing that thing is fucked up and unethical.

Upvote 0

Slice-Of-Life

SoCal Hoo and Blue Club
    Jun 18, 2012
    San Jacinto
    Name
    Travis Magnano
    Boat
    Nope
    Idiots. I'm sure this thread will dissappear.

12120216_163473640668914_1950434689_n.jpg

Reactions: MikeyLikesIt
    Upvote 0

BiggestT

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Sep 8, 2004
    Fullerton
    Name
    SM
    Boat
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate

If true this is Pathetic. Just another black mark in the annals of googan sport boat fishing. Who would even pose with a fish taken like that?

BTW it's a world record class striped marlin. Just saying.

Upvote 0

bayfisher86

Feb 6, 2004
    Fountain Valley, Ca
    Name
    Aaron
    Boat
    Parker 2310WA
    Yes I agree, my response was catered to the fact I believe it was caught on rod and reel. I think it's pretty sad they baited it with a tuna on a gaff and then stuck it with seven gaffs. That is a horrible example of SPORTfishing that they showed their passengers, not to mention it was reckless and stupid. That put the safety of the passengers at risk, that thing could have broken gaffs and sent Calcutta flying. I can't believe a company like Finbomb is promoting/condoning such behavior.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
    May 4, 2004
    santee ca.
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
    It was a sleeper that had been accidentally run over.This is quite evident by the visible clipping here and here and by the obvious scarring near the right side gill plate here.
    They could not bear to just let this floater go to waste so they hoisted it aboard......BTW all fish has been donated to local orphanges.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to PM me.Please do not disturb my clients. Thank you.
    Law offices of sea goat and c-goat associates:madfire:

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Statistico

Statistition
    Jan 23, 2007
    San Diego
    Name
    Joe
    Boat
    None
    Judging from the way the pectoral fins are set on the fishes side, I'd bet it is a black. Pectorals on a black can't be retracted...like a swordfish.

Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.