Well-Known "Member"
Nov 26, 2017
Deep Blue
www.youtube.com
Name
Andrew
Boat
Backseat Boater
Hit the Coronado Islands a few weeks ago. We were targeting Yellowtail fly lining, trolling and throwing iron. Until my friend Dave decides to put a Mack out and the line starts screaming. We thought maybe possibly a Tuna escaped from one of the pens?! He was using 25lb tackle with a size 1 hook. After a 40 minute fight we were able to safely get a release. Here is a little video below (Bluefin Tuna video to come next after this past weekend trip!)

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
Great job guys, good on you for releasing it. Thanks for sharing the video and report.

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
thank god for fast forward. BSB. You could have kept it in Mexico........but they aren't that good to eat.....like their "Kracker" cousins........

XPL051v3

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 26, 2017
Deep Blue
www.youtube.com
Name
Andrew
Boat
Backseat Boater
thank god for fast forward. BSB. You could have kept it in Mexico........but they aren't that good to eat.....like their "Kracker" cousins........
Yeah, we could have kept it, but I believe there is paperwork we needed to fill out to bring it back. Probably not hard, however we had a bunch of Yellowtail to eat!

Reactions: T-Tang and Ryan js

jayyyy

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 7, 2008
NorCal
Name
jay
Boat
'04 Sea Pro 220 WA / 225 Honda
Great video, good job on the release. Thanks for posting

Reactions: XPL051v3

DOGHOUSE26

Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
Sounds like Black Lives Matter however For the record, properly cooked I doubt you could tell the difference just like in real life.

alex88

May 15, 2006
Oakland
Name
Alex
Boat
2003 Robalo R235
Yeah, we could have kept it, but I believe there is paperwork we needed to fill out to bring it back. Probably not hard, however we had a bunch of Yellowtail to eat!

Here is the form. Technically you are supposed to fill one out every time you bring any game fish back from Mex. I carry a bunch in a ziplock bag and fill one out for everyone onboard before we cross back into US waters

T-Tang

Far from newbie, but lifetime learner
Jul 27, 2006
Dana Point
Name
Tyson
Boat
21' Bayliner Trophy
Well, they are not really cousins. One is closely related to true seabass and the other is in the croaker/drum family.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeyLikesIt

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
I like the way the release was handled,much better than some of what we've seen.

Reactions: heatsource