la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
I’m not normally much of a poster on this forum, but after landing more than 100 Blacks and Blues I can say with certainty, that’s not a 500lb Black. At least 600, and probably a fair bit more
And I say that's lite.
So how te hell did they get it in the boat?

sixty

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 12, 2005
Vegas & Ensenada
Name
Corey
Boat
Hatteras 36 "El Dorado", Hatteras 60 "Reel Action"
definitely over 500, even if the cameral is exaggerating. I would guess 800. Heck of a fish on a panga, those blacks are mean!

Reactions: blowncar

mrhoneydo

Dec 4, 2011
Tahoe City, Ca
Name
michael willson
Boat
Sea Ray 18" & Grady White 28 Marlin
Huge would be an understatement,
On another note, I would guess he swallowed the hook and had no chance of surviving the fight...………?

Psychomech

Nov 8, 2019
UK
Name
Dave
Boat
Trusty
Hi, I'm very pleased to hear all these estimates of weight, as that was my fishing trip :) I have literally felt nothing like this fish in my entire life, my previous record was an 83lb Wels catfish caught in Spain on the river Ebro. And I think the size surprised everyone, Scooby kept telling me to wind, and I was saying its impossible as it's still stripping line! After a solid hour and a half of fight, the crew had to give me a lot of help to get it in, and we still steamed home in the dark. Still my fish though :)
And for la vida, here's a photo of the crew getting it on the boat. The fight took so long that a near by boat came along to watch, and took a few pictures, and even help boat the beast. Thanks guys :) I'm behind the canopy recovering and my dad is holding the rod.

Attachments

CartridgeCalls

100% Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business
Apr 29, 2015
Palmdale, CA
www.ebay.com
Name
Curtis Wright
Boat
Duck Hunting Kayak
Congrats. That Marlin is definitely over 500. I just landed one in Kona that was 500+ and it was no where near that pig.

Reactions: Psychomech

seann

Puerto Vallarta fishing
Nov 6, 2006
Mexico/Puerto Vallarta
www.mymarlin.com
Name
Damon Martin
Boat
My Marlin
Hi, I'm very pleased to hear all these estimates of weight, as that was my fishing trip :) I have literally felt nothing like this fish in my entire life, my previous record was an 83lb Wels catfish caught in Spain on the river Ebro. And I think the size surprised everyone, Scooby kept telling me to wind, and I was saying its impossible as it's still stripping line! After a solid hour and a half of fight, the crew had to give me a lot of help to get it in, and we still steamed home in the dark. Still my fish though :)
And for la vida, here's a photo of the crew getting it on the boat. The fight took so long that a near by boat came along to watch, and took a few pictures, and even help boat the beast. Thanks guys :) I'm behind the canopy recovering and my dad is holding the rod.

woodfish330

Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
667 was my largest...And it was a blue marlin. That is a beast. Camera angles and different phones can make it hard to really tell. My guess.... around 700#. Great catch. Your once in a lifetime...I'm sure. Now back to catfishing....lol. if you used live bait..... it probably pulled harder than those catfish! Congrats.

Reactions: CartridgeCalls