https://pac-12.com/article/2018/03/11/pac-12-mens-basketball-send-trio-teams-2018-ncaa-tournament

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by KnotyBuoyz, Mar 14, 2018.

1. KnotyBuoyz

KnotyBuoyz Not so newbie anymore

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    Well almost:rofl:

Perhaps they will have some success in the nit tourney.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  2. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    And then there were none. Bowl season 2.0. :confused:

3. BiggestT

BiggestT I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Knoty, how did it feel losing to that team from the high school gym, faith based Conference, aka West Coast Conference? Be careful on your slights. Lot of power conference teams went down to absolute nobody teams. UMBC is a school where guys who couldn't be admitted to University of Maryland go to. It's like the JC to Maryland, yet they dumped Vagina. Shit happens.

I'll be watching Utah vs LSU in the NIT tomorrow.

4. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10

Well T, always sucks to lose, but getting beat by the Zags came as no big surprise. Zags issued the Buckeyes a beat down earlier in the year and they are simply a better basketball program right now and have been in recent years.

But that is not what the thread topic is about. The intended topic is the spin put in the article headline. Since I am a old school guy, and it is still a 64 team tourney, two of the three PAC teams were not really in the 64 team field, they had to play in a play in game just to get in. Neither of those teams got it done. According, the PAC simply did not “send a trio of teams to the NCAA tournament”. It was as much as a “slight” on the article as it was on the PAC.

While it would have been hard to predict some of those upsets, the fact there have been many comes as no surprise. No real dominant teams all year and parity runs deep in college hoops.

5. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    I heard that Arizona is trying to have their loss vacated.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    KnotyBuoyz likes this.
  6. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Knoty, at least Utah is still playing, Final 4 of the NIT.

7. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    That is good for the program T, hope it helps recruiting. They might need it as I read an article that said USC just hired the father of two 6’-10” top 100 recruits. Barring any other FBI visits to SC, those kids will likely follow. Seems like SC just laughed in face of the NCAA and the bureau. If ya can’t pay the players, try paying pops, Classic.

8. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    The incoming basketball recruiting class is regarded as their best ever under Krystkowiak.

USC's Enfield is a shitshow. He can't coach, so he cheats on the recruiting trail.

9. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    There are only 6 teams left that can finish their season with a win and Utah is one of them. Utah vs Penn St. in the NIT Championship Game.

10. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    Would prefer to have seen the Buckeyes make a run in the NCAA tourney, but since that didn’t happen, B1G vs PAC matchup in the NIT works, I like it! I will take Penn State over Utah and Michigan over Loyola. :D

11. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Your tOSU finished 2nd in the B1G yet lost to Gonzaga from the West Coast Church league. Penn St. finished middle of the pack in the B1G with a 9-9 Conference record, though they did beat the Buckeyes TWICE. My B1G source from Maryland says Utah should beat Pedo St.

Inerestingly the Vegas odds maker project a Utah win, but have the line at Pedo St -4. As a #2 seed in the NIT, Utah has never been favored by Vegas in a single game, yet here they are. I’ll take the disciplined Utes over the physical play of Pedo St.

2927E537-34A6-4537-8437-9DD67B5C232B.png

12. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    Damn it T, if you are going to pick apart my boys, get it right. My Buckeyes lost to Penn St three fricken times and the Zags twice. A couple beat downs, and a couple tournament losses that were much closer.

Perhaps your Maryland B1G source is lacking in research and analytics skills? While we don’t always agree, you should know by now who your B1G go to source should be bro.:D