howz da bite in waianae ???

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by Ill take it, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Ill take it

Ill take it Newbie

Name:
    primo
    Boat:
    21ft force
    Howzit tuna slayerz plan on going fishing on monday out of waianae, wondering which direction i should go and what colors is working mahalo ....

2. Pupule

Pupule Member

Name:
    Todd
    Boat:
    22 ft Islander
    On Friday, someone caught three big ahi near V-buoy. Another boat worked a porpoise pile starting at 19 miles and 45 degrees (it was at 24 miles and 41 degrees when we left the area at 2:30). They initially had two ahi fall off the hook, but then they got two more strikes and caught them both.

Yesterday was a wash in that area. The calm winds seemed to shut it all down. There was little chatter on the radio...just a long, hot, boring day on the water and lots of sad faces at the washdown.

Hopefully things were better out there today.

Good luck on Monday! Hang on to the big one!

3. rcvowell

rcvowell Newbie

Name:
    Ryan Vowell
    Boat:
    21', Grady White, Fawkes
    In a group of 5 or so boats today, one got a 25# Otaru, and one a 130# ahi at CO right after I left and another friend left. Not sure if he was baiting or not. We, and two or three others in our group skunked, not to many smiles in wash down today. Wind and swells picked up at CO as usual and it started getting rough. Headed in along the 500 range to R, ran in to the 40, putted around towards Maili point a bit, nothing. Huge pod of dolphins in front of the harbor but the dive boats converged on us when we were trying to scan through them and work it. Almost had a dive boat run over my center which was pretty far back. Then it off loaded it's tourists and made me wonder how much tourist goes for at the block if they are gilled and gutted.. yup.. that kinda day!

May be out again tomorrow. Need to figure this out, how to find them, how to hook them.. the usual.

4. jagerhunchback

jagerhunchback MCLMM

sometimes oahu.....mostly iraq occasionally afghan
    Name:
    mike
    Boat:
    25 ft powercat "Crazy Haole"
    Couldn't get the skunk off the boat in wainae on Saturday, tough fishing Bo and hh yesterday, my advice is catch live opelus and slow troll them in the porpoise

5. Ill take it

Ill take it Newbie

Name:
    primo
    Boat:
    21ft force
    mahalo for the reply guys !