geebee

My Member is Well-Known
Nov 12, 2016
San Diego
Name
Gee Bee
Boat
Partial to AZTEC - aspiring to INTREPID
have several great fishing rods to donate in San Diego, calstars, old school Sabre’s, not interested in any tax write off deductions, just want it to get used and appreciated and not end up in someone’s garage gathering dust, people who will at least rinse them off from corroding

Thinking kid programs, veterans, underprivileged groups

Any specific groups in mind in San Diego?

Reactions: Brad I and esgeo

Johnlgarrison

The ultimate goal is memories not dreams.
Jul 27, 2009
Temecula CA USA!
www.inkspotsgreatdanes.com
Name
Johnny Garrison
Boat
Parker 2320 "Sticky Business 5"
Oceanside Senior Anglers has a program where they take donations and either use them of use the proceeds to pay for kids and military.

Reactions: geebee

Hard Chargin'

Fischjäger
Aug 11, 2019
PNW
Name
Andre
Boat
Stabicraft 459 Fish'r
Don't know about San Diego but up here we have a pretty good organization that's all about getting Vets outside. Mission Outdoors. In some events Captains volunteer their vessels and time to take vets out for free. I know next year I will be directing 2 boats for a week getting guys out into tuna. One is my dad's boat and he has no tuna gear at all. Maybe MO would take the rods on donation and then let people borrow them.

Let me know. I can get them to the right people.

Andre

Last edited:
Reactions: geebee

geebee

My Member is Well-Known
Nov 12, 2016
San Diego
Name
Gee Bee
Boat
Partial to AZTEC - aspiring to INTREPID
we can always use any fishing tackle donations, www.danskids.org.
Thanks
wow, Mr. Hernandez - The Man, The Myth, The Fishing Legend - so cool you dropped in

i saw you once in person walking the dock at Seaforth landing - couldn't decide if you looked more like a movie star or a big time producer (and i've see a few in my days)

i see from your website you are also a 501 (C) 3 non profit - i'll keep that in mind, i love your shows...

Reactions: pacificscout

smokinwater

"Fire's Out!"
Apr 27, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
Name
Jon
Boat
won't b mine
I'm sure Dan appreciates all the props, but IMO after meeting him and having fished with him, He's just Dan, and doing what he likes to do: 1) fish, 2) promote fishing with kids through his foundation. He's got a lot of vids on YouTube, but in particular, look up his fishing days on the lakes. Pretty impressive.

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
have several great fishing rods to donate in San Diego, calstars, old school Sabre’s, not interested in any tax write off deductions, just want it to get used and appreciated and not end up in someone’s garage gathering dust, people who will at least rinse them off from corroding

Thinking kid programs, veterans, underprivileged groups

Any specific groups in mind in San Diego?
Marcel (@kuyamonster) puts on trips for wounded soldiers here in San Diego. Equipment is donated, and at the end of the trip. The warriors get to keep the outfit, rod and reel.
I can collect stuff for Marcel. If rods need to be fixed. I will fix them.
Thank you for considering donating Gee Bee. No matter who gets your gear.

Last edited:

sd_ahab

Mar 7, 2010
San Diego CA
Name
Michael
Boat
Fully Spent
I'll offer the San Diego Make-a-Wish foundation. Its my families go to charity. They will make good use of them even if it is just auctioning them off for bucks to make other wishes come true. See Dave Kirkpatrick [email protected]

kuyamonster

I only wishes to catch some fishes...
May 14, 2009
San Diego/Tacoma USA
Name
Marcel
Boat
Limited load cattle car
Hi Geebee...As Mike stated above, I run annual charity charters for military, single parent kids, newbies and those less fortunate. Just something I started in honor of my Dad who passed 3 years ago and served 23 years, USN 32nd Street SD. Feel free to PM me, I'm actually in town now for a few more days before flying back. With this later season bite, charters will be end of Sept/October...Thanks!

FishinMcNuggets

Fishin fo' Nutrition!
Oct 25, 2010
Hermosa Beach, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Avon 2.85 "C-¢"
Honestly, go to the nearest pier and find the scruffiest looking kid you can find fishing by himself. Give him a stick, and you'll have made his year.