How to use Navionics Dock to Dock Autorouting to navigate unfamiliar waters

Discussion in 'Boat Electronics' started by get some, Feb 1, 2019.

1. get some

get some So Cal Editor BD Writer

Name:
    Erik
    Boat:
    Robalo 226 Cayman

Hey guys, just wanted to share this video I made that shows how you can use Navionics dock to dock autorouting when you're fishing somewhere new for the first time. This works on your phone app and on many of the newer model fish finders. If you've been thinking about getting a Navionics chip for your boat they're currently running a rebate deal where you can get cash back on your old chip regardless of the brand. You can find out more here.

SC_HAMACHI, One_Leg and Fin Chaser NJ like this.
  2. Croaker.Stroker

Croaker.Stroker Old White Guy

Name:
    Croaker
    Boat:
    Arima Sea Pacer
    Thanks. I hadn't figured that out yet. Big help. Thank you.

3. flytie

flytie Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    GC
    Boat:
    Out of Office - Custom Invader CC
    Erik,

Being the sponsored guru, why not do some seminars on the functions at some point. There is more crap in my electronics and I pick up more on every trip, but downloading your brain might be a good topic.

Thanks, buddy.

4. yakdout

yakdout Professional

Name:
    Brandon
    Boat:
    Plastic navy
    Navionics is cool, until you realize it’s a subscription price. The Lowrance charts that came with my elite unit are pretty much the same detail at no extra cost.

5. hbouldin1216

hbouldin1216 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Henry Bouldin
    Boat:
    14 Gregor - Tinacious
    Ehhh, the Navionics contour lines are much more detailed. It shows pinnacles where the stock lowrance card does not. Even if you don't get the chip for your finder, the mobile app is pretty dang good. Makes looking for spots whilst on the couch much easier. I wish the app was included with the purchase of a card; for them to double-dip seems a little fishy

6. yakdout

yakdout Professional

Name:
    Brandon
    Boat:
    Plastic navy
    Have you tried zooming in? I can take a screen shot of my contour lines, but from what I’ve noticed my stock Lowrance stuff is just as good. And doesn’t cost me $200 a year or whatever they charge now

But I do tip my hat to their marketing team. No where does it say it is a subscription based card when you buy it up front. I’m sure they sucker all kinds of morons into buying the card the first year, that then drop it when they realize they have to pay yearly.
    I know they got me.....once. Never be able to support a deceitful company.

Tim1962 likes this.
  7. get some

Name:
    Erik
    Boat:
    Robalo 226 Cayman
    You do not need to pay for it every year and the chart you purchase can be used for as long as you'd like even once your initial subscription is expired. The subscription service gives you the opportunity to constantly download the latest chart updates and to upload your own sonar chart recordings to improve the contour line details in the areas that you usually fish.

So, for the purchase price of the chip you get the current chart and as many updates as you care to download for the first year. If you don't renew your chart will continue to works with the last update you download.

8. get some

Name:
    Erik
    Boat:
    Robalo 226 Cayman
    I've already done several webinars showing how to use Navionics when fishing and you can find them by doing a search under my name on the Navionics YouTube channel. I will be doing a couple more webinars this year and will try to dedicate a big portion of one of them to just showing how to navigate and maximize use of the charts.

9. flytie

flytie Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    GC
    Boat:
    Out of Office - Custom Invader CC
    Thanks!

10. yakdout

yakdout Professional

Name:
    Brandon
    Boat:
    Plastic navy
    Did this ever change? I could have sworn I had a navioncs chip with an HDS unit in the past that detailed charts were deleted after one years time.

11. get some

Name:
    Erik
    Boat:
    Robalo 226 Cayman
    Not that I'm aware of.