Gil Marlin

World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator
Nov 27, 2003
Laguna Percebu Baja Norte
Name
Scott
Boat
19.655' Aluminum
I can't find ?? as a selection in the forum search... or Bieber either...

boswell

Sep 19, 2003
Marina del Rey
Name
jay
Boat
no got
Thanks, Jason. It has nothing to do with being offended with posters, threads, or geography. I'm not all that interested in the for sale ads, and this makes the "new posts" feature a lot more relevant.

Reactions: Blackfish

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
I just seen the delete button back, is there a time limit after posting.. ? then it goes away ?

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
Feb 4, 2003
Encinitas, CA USA
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Jason
Classifieds forums the delete button is enabled. All the rest are not. Reason for this is users were deleting threads and everyone's response. People were getting pissed at the BD staff thinking we were moderating when the original poster was the one that removed it. The hate mail we got was awesome. The help desk became a huge task tracking down deleted posts for individuals that wanted the info out of the post. After a couple months of that I gave up and disabled the delete again.

Reactions: goatram

gecsr1

Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
Classifieds forums the delete button is enabled. All the rest are not. Reason for this is users were deleting threads and everyone's response. People were getting pissed at the BD staff thinking we were moderating when the original poster was the one that removed it. The hate mail we got was awesome. The help desk became a huge task tracking down deleted posts for individuals that wanted the info out of the post. After a couple months of that I gave up and disabled the delete again.
okay thanks..for the explanation..

@-EZ

Fail, try again.
Apr 9, 2007
San Diego, CA.
Name
Max
Boat
Trophy Pro, @-EZ

Understood. Makes sense, however, can the opportunity to delete a single post be returned? or is it a one shot deal?

gecsr1

Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
I have a a lot of the wash / pnw guys ignored on a indivisual basis, plus the whole Forum on ignore. but if they post on california forums you'll see them, just ignore them one by one when you see them... they are like a bad dream they don't go away...

gecsr1

Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
WTF......Looks like the rules changed again........ can't ignore a forum anymore... I guess the ASSHATS are back..... again WTF.....

Well back to ignoring one by one....Don't understand why we have look at shit that we don't want to or don't have an interest in...

We've been thrown back to the dogs.... Thanks BDOutdoors............

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
Apr 3, 2008
Stanwood, WA
Name
grrrrrrrr
Boat
33' RBW MISS ELIZA
WTF......Looks like the rules changed again........ can't ignore a forum anymore... I guess the ASSHATS are back..... again WTF.....

Well back to ignoring one by one....Don't understand why we have look at shit that we don't want to or don't have an interest in...

We've been thrown back to the dogs.... Thanks BDOutdoors............
Uncle Gary o_O Wait till Grandma finds out your being an Ass:spank: