Chdiaz93

Almost A Member
Sep 28, 2011
Bloomington CA
Name
Christian
Boat
24' Skipjack #Diazsportfishing
Alright guys we were out fishing and had a nice school of good grade yellowtail off the stern of the boat eating up chum about 6 nice 20+ pounders until the seals showed up scaring them away now the seal would not leave us alone eating the chum an eating our bait as soon as another boat showed up they bugged him for a couple min and the chum brought up the school of yellow tail again and again the seals came back to us and gone we managed to bring up 2 nice yellows but dam seals suck what can I do to keep them away ??? Seriously the legal way can I shoot them with air rifles like the charter boats do???

IMG_20151026_164345555.jpg

IMG_20151011_144451527.jpg

Upvote 0

Access

Fisherman
Sep 3, 2014
South Bay
Name
Lam
Boat
SeaVee 370Z (One day)
Non-lethal and non-toxic. Slingshots with marbles work really well I've heard.

Ouuu!! I really like that idea!! :) Good tip actually.

Upvote 0

Access

Fisherman
Sep 3, 2014
South Bay
Name
Lam
Boat
SeaVee 370Z (One day)
Or... elephant tranquilizers!! >=] It's non-lethal and non-toxic (depending on how you define toxic).

Upvote 0

rick rouland

Almost A Member
Jul 29, 2015
mission viejo
Name
rick rouland
Boat
12' SUP
Alright guys we were out fishing and had a nice school of good grade yellowtail off the stern of the boat eating up chum about 6 nice 20+ pounders until the seals showed up scaring them away now the seal would not leave us alone eating the chum an eating our bait as soon as another boat showed up they bugged him for a couple min and the chum brought up the school of yellow tail again and again the seals came back to us and gone we managed to bring up 2 nice yellows but dam seals suck what can I do to keep them away ??? Seriously the legal way can I shoot them with air rifles like the charter boats do???

View attachment 633548

View attachment 633549
Where were you fishing?

Upvote 0

Winstondry

Winstondry
Dec 16, 2003
San Diego
Name
Alain
Boat
Ranger Z520L
Are slingshots legal? I've heard that they are but I tend to think not. Anyone know and have any documentation proving either way?

Upvote 0

Kman

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 7, 2003
So Cal
Name
Kurt
Boat
Robalo R180 Trailer Trash
Wrist rocket slingshot and large marbles have done wonders for me in the past. After they get beaned in the noggin, that one at least will haul ass and leave you alone.

If everyone of us did this, I believe they would get a healthy respect for us.

Upvote 0

irob2

Sep 26, 2010
S.D
Name
robert
Boat
REEL ADDICTION/STRICTLY BUSINESS
Remington 870 express with rubber non lethal slugs works for me hit one they all leave quick

Reactions: SeaHogDelux
Upvote 0

junkyardEd

Special Baiter Wizard
Nov 27, 2008
San Diego
Name
Ed
Boat
SOLD
Wrist rocket slingshot and large marbles have done wonders for me in the past. After they get beaned in the noggin, that one at least will haul ass and leave you alone.

If everyone of us did this, I believe they would get a healthy respect for us.

I have been doing that for a while but now they have learned to stay under the surface just enough to be safe. They are smart bastards. Now I have mixed up a concoction paste of hot mustard and cayenne pepper in a squeeze bottle to put in dines or macs, a couple of them and they take off.

Upvote 0

ssrmr2

Mar 15, 2006
OC
Name
Steve
Boat
17' montauk "Anger Management"
Tell me the location and then the seals will be attracted to my baits lol

Upvote 0

Kman

Apr 7, 2003
So Cal
Name
Kurt
Boat
Robalo R180 Trailer Trash
I have been doing that for a while but now they have learned to stay under the surface just enough to be safe. They are smart bastards. Now I have mixed up a concoction paste of hot mustard and cayenne pepper in a squeeze bottle to put in dines or macs, a couple of them and they take off.

I have heard of funny stories of macs stuffed with Alka Seltzer setting them off into a burping frenzy.

Upvote 0