RayRaff

Nov 5, 2018
Seattle
Name
Ray
Boat
1989 Smoker Drifter
TLDR; Pam(cooking spray)

So this is embarrassing, but honestly there isn't much on google and so I thought I would share this story.

I was testing out some marbling today and it was drying on my lathe. My hair is a mess because I just took off my hat. I dropped something on the ground and as I reached down to grab it, a 4in section of hair stuck to tacky half cured epoxy and started winding.

I'm really lucky this motor auto-reverses when it feels any resistance because my arm could not reach the switch and I could barely touch the chuck. Missing a few hairs and my pride, I now had to figure out how to get this shit out.

Tried DNA (doesn't work)
Tried heat (doesn't work)
Obviously soap and water doesn't work

I googled it and found one response on a kayaking forum recommending vinegar and vegetable oil. I didn't have vinegar but I did have Pam so I gave that a shot and it worked instantly. I'm not sure whether it was just the oil or other additives like dimethyl silicone but it worked great. Hopefully this saves someone from a trip to the barber in the future.

Upvote 0

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
May 11, 2007
You're mined!
www.csicop.org
Name
Alan
Boat
1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
Go Kojak.

Upvote 0

dsl

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    acetone... it cleans brushes so it should work on hair. follow with DNA.
    I new a guy that was a bounty hunter, that super glued a guys hand to the bar, when PD came, they used acetone to get his hand free from the bar, so he could be arrested, ya ya, try some on your hair. But please wear eye protection, and a paint respirator, as not to try an un-safe maneuver.

Upvote 0