26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
Yesterday while fishing Box Canyon with the north fleet, I heard a woman come on channel 72 and ask if anyone had some engine oil. Another boat asked if anyone had jumper cables.

The radio went dead quiet for 20 minutes. LOL

Reactions: OnoEric
Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
Nice :)

Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series
    I've learned that there is no reason to have the radio on! Find your own fish, if you asked for fish or water report your going to get BS replys.

If you need help then turn it on. If anyone else needs help and not within visual sight, the chance of helping them are slim anyway.

Avoid the radio if you can and enjoy your time on the water, that's what I do. Just perform a radio check before you head out and one on your fishing grounds.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

af dreamer

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Apr 16, 2007
    long beach,ca
    Name
    tom
    Boat
    44 luhrs dreamer
    If you have a ADF then leave it on.So many cant wait to brag about their catching,cant hurt.I leave 72 off on the weekends if it gets stupid.Never my primary station.Tom

Upvote 0

invictus

AVD
    May 26, 2006
    Orange County
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    Tiara 2000 Cuddy
    I've learned that there is no reason to have the radio on! Find your own fish, if you asked for fish or water report your going to get BS replys.

If you need help then turn it on. If anyone else needs help and not within visual sight, the chance of helping them are slim anyway.

Avoid the radio if you can and enjoy your time on the water, that's what I do. Just perform a radio check before you head out and one on your fishing grounds.

I agree and just leave it on 16.

The asshattery will eventually come to an end when we are required to have DSC registered radios. Then the Coasties can just mail the jack ass a ticket.

Upvote 0

26grumpy

who hooked who
    Sep 24, 2006
    Anaheim Hills
    Name
    Joe
    Boat
    Freefrom Boats Club
    Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
    May 4, 2004
    santee ca.
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
    Today I heard a guy tell his buddy to "drop down to that other channel we talked about".His buddy came back with "what was that channel again"? LOL

Reactions: 26grumpy
    Upvote 0