IM2MONEY

Almost A Member
Aug 7, 2007
Huntington Beach CA
Name
Jimmy
Boat
Boston whaler 19
So I purchased a boat that had bottom paint. I now trailer the boat so the bottom paint is not necessary. I really don’t care about how it looks (starting to come off along the sides) but it’s also starting to smudge black when touched. This sucks when washing the boat, it causes black marks on the sides of the boat if you accidentally hit the bottom paint well scrubbing the boat. What should I do? Just leave it alone and deal with the paint smudging, or could you paint the side current bottom paint again?

Thanks

Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
I've seen it blasted off with a pressure washer at the boat yard.

Upvote 0

kindafishy

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
yes easy off, 3m pads, and pressure washer. use the original easy off, it works the best. also best to attack it in waves. it will not all come off with one application. do it, and then wait a couple weeks and hit it again.

Upvote 0

meandmyself

Who knows
Aug 5, 2012
san jose
Name
edgar teixeira
Boat
1991 Farallon Whaleback 25 Rock Bottom
Romove a small patch and see what the gel coat looks like sometimes it was sanded badly and may not be worth removing

Reactions: gecsr1
Upvote 0

kapnd

Almost A Member
Jul 22, 2007
haleiwa Hawaii
Name
don
Boat
ss minnow
Don’t forget that the product you remove is highly toxic, as well as any dust and fumes generated by removal.
Please investigate local law regarding disposal, especially if you like your grandchildren!

Upvote 0

karlow

Twins 2017
Apr 29, 2004
Duarte/Covina
Name
karl
Boat
20' skippy Topless /17' whaler Wet Ride (sold) /18' Outrage
Touch up the paint, and don't touch when you wash the boat, That stuff is designed to shed like that. If you touch it, your hand turns black!

Upvote 0