stuman

Brawndo the thirst mutilator
Sep 18, 2004
Oside
Name
stu
Boat
skiff
Let us know what you think and what else you'd like to see.
A video showing the difference in drag pressure of a full reel vs and empty reel. My Fathom 30 was 10 lbs of drag empty and 3 lbs at a full spool.

A video that shows why you need a spring in your line (mono) or spring in the rod (glass). The video should show why stiff graphite rods and spectra allow the hook to fall out. Alternatively, the benefit of a glass rod when using spectra. Or the benefits of using mono with graphite rods. Anglers talk about this concept but a video would help some people understand why.

Reactions: SD2600

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
31' Innovator
A video showing the difference in drag pressure of a full reel vs and empty reel. My Fathom 30 was 10 lbs of drag empty and 3 lbs at a full spool.

A video that shows why you need a spring in your line (mono) or spring in the rod (glass). The video should show why stiff graphite rods and spectra allow the hook to fall out. Alternatively, the benefit of a glass rod when using spectra. Or the benefits of using mono with graphite rods. Anglers talk about this concept but a video would help some people understand why.
I like the drag idea for sure. I'll add it to the list.

The graphite vs glass thing would be very hard to demonstrate and I think you'd be surprised. We have been using straight braid with a 3' to 25' top shot for everything from bonefish to big tuna for over a decade now. We fish circle hooks 90% of the time and pulled hooks have never been an issue.

Keep the ideas coming!